Austin Hotel Downtown
Located in the Live Music Capital of the World, the Omni Austin Hotel Downtown is a walking distance from the 6th Street Entertainment District. Omni is a magnificently appointed luxury hotel with the heart of the thriving downtown business center at your doorstep; you'll be just steps away from the Austin Convention Center and the Texas State Capitol.
Omni Austin Hotel Downtown's associates enjoy a dynamic and exciting work environment, comprehensive training and mentoring, along with the pride that comes from working for a company with a reputation for exceptional service. The Omni Austin Hotel Downtown's commitment to serve our associates and nurture their growth has led to the company's highest rating in associate satisfaction and an impressive internal promotion rate. We embody a culture of respect, gratitude and empowerment day in and day out. If you are a friendly, motivated person, with a passion to serve others, the Omni Austin Hotel Downtown may be your perfect match.
This position ensures that all Housekeeping and Food & Beverage Linens are processed in a timely manner meeting the expectations of Omni Hotels & Resorts standards while minimizing as much discarded product as possible.
- Sorting of dirty linen from laundry chute to be processed.
- Pickup of dirty linen from Food & Beverage Outlets/Banquets
- Operating all washers, dryers, ironers and towel folders
- Stacking clean items into laundry bins/trucks to be delivered to the guest room floors or Food & Beverage areas.
- Operating smaller washers/dryers to process specialty items or special requests for guests.
- Maintain cleanliness and organization of the department at all times.
- Adhere by safety and sanitization regulations as instructed by OSHA and the Omni Hotels & Resorts.
- Must be able to stand in work station for up to 7 hours per shift
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds on a regular basis.
- Must be able to push and pull carts up to 250 pounds often throughout the shift.
- Must be able to bend, stoop, squat and stretch on a regular basis.
- Must be able to understand and follow directions in the spoken language of the work area.
- Must be able to travel to various areas of the hotel to pick/deliver linen items in allotted time provided.
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule including day, evening, weekends and holidays.