Barton Creek Country Club's success is due to its dedicated, intelligent and self-motivated family of associates who work together to deliver personalized service to the club's members and maintain the company's trademark high standards. If you would like to be a part of an environment where teamwork is emphasized and individual excellence is encouraged, then this is the place for you.
Barton Creek Country Club associates enjoy a dynamic and exciting work environment, comprehensive training and mentoring, along with the pride that comes from working for a company with a reputation for exceptional service. We embody a culture of respect, gratitude and empowerment day in and day out. If you are a friendly, motivated person, with a passion to serve others, Barton Creek Country Club may be your perfect match.
The primary objective of the Lead Horticulturalist is to serve as the leader of the Horticulture department at Omni Barton Creek Resort and Country Club.
- He/she is to produce weekly written maintenance directives which ultimately result in healthy landscapes and trees across all Omni Barton Creek Club grounds.
- This individual will be directly responsible for documenting the maintenance standards currently in place, in addition to continually developing/revising these standards in order to produce the best product possible.
- The Lead Horticulturalist will be responsible for managing all Horticulture employees, in addition to performing hands-on work.
- This individual will be responsible for all annual maintenance, installations, removals, and other projects associated with all trees and ornamental's on property.
- The Lead Horticulturalist will be expected to develop long range plans in conjunction with the Director of Agronomy and General Manager to ensure continued improvement of the golf course landscapes and all trees on club property.
- The Lead Horticulturalist will be expected to work in conjunction with the Assistant Superintendents, Superintendent, and other Agronomy staff to ensure proper care is being provided to all landscapes on club property.
- The Lead Horticulturalist will also be responsible for developing an annual color plan as well as the maintenance associated with all annual color plantings. He/she is expected to work in conjunction with the Director of Agronomy and General Manager in the creation and maintenance of the annual flower arrangements.
- The Lead Horticulturalist will play a vital role in representing the Barton Creek Country Club East Lake brand. He/she will also maintain a positive image for Barton Creek Agronomy in the field and in the industry. He/she will be responsible for continuous improvements to the member experience. The Lead Horticulturalist will work directly under the Golf Course Superintendent and Director of Agronomy. This is a high visibility position that requires a high level of professionalism.
- • Ability to communicate professionally and effectively with other employees, supervisors, members, guest, outside contractors and vendors
- • Ability to guide, teach, and lead others in a fashion which produces desirable employee performance.
- • Knowledge of local plants and trees indigenous to the region.
- • Ability to learn proper care and maintenance for all living plant life located throughout assigned areas
- • Self-starter with initiative, ability and willingness to be a continual learner
- • Display's ability to understand and carry out club vision of landscapes and trees that communicates the company's brand