Austin Hotel Downtown
Located in the Live Music Capital of the World, the Omni Austin Hotel Downtown is a walking distance from the 6th Street Entertainment District. Omni is a magnificently appointed luxury hotel with the heart of the thriving downtown business center at your doorstep; you'll be just steps away from the Austin Convention Center and the Texas State Capitol.
Omni Austin Hotel Downtown's associates enjoy a dynamic and exciting work environment, comprehensive training and mentoring, along with the pride that comes from working for a company with a reputation for exceptional service. The Omni Austin Hotel Downtown's commitment to serve our associates and nurture their growth has led to the company's highest rating in associate satisfaction and an impressive internal promotion rate. We embody a culture of respect, gratitude and empowerment day in and day out. If you are a friendly, motivated person, with a passion to serve others, the Omni Austin Hotel Downtown may be your perfect match.
This position is responsible for ensuring proper training and supervision of all personnel. The F&B Leader in Development is to deliver prompt, courteous service in a manner that complies with Omni Food and Beverage standards and company policies and procedures. The Leader in Development (LID) program is a 12-month program designed to develop graduates into successful managers in the division they wish to pursue. The Food & Beverage LID will spend 40 hours each week assisting each department in Food & Beverage, and 10 hours completing contracts throughout the training property. Upon completion of the LID program, the Food & Beverage LID will move into a managerial role at an Omni property, so the ideal candidate will be relocatable. Contracts are projects that will allow LIDs to learn about general hotel operations, as well as the details and functions of their division. Each contract will provide resources and evaluation criteria.
- Responsible for assigned shift, assisting in overall management..
- Assist in overall supervision of the department as outlined in manager's job description.
- Complete environmental checklist for dining room.
- Spot check liquor pars and order daily supplies.
- Hold pre-meal meetings.
- Follow up on established training steps.
- Handle guest comments and complaints and ensure guest satisfaction.
- Communicate with guests and receive feedback.
- Stay on the floor during peak hours.
- Observe, teach and correct staff's service.
- Examine food preparation and beverage presentation.
- Maintain condition of dining room, lobby lounge, morsels, mini bar and room service.
- Assist manager in; scheduling, completing weekly payroll, and forecasting both weekly and monthly.
- Participate in interviewing new employees as needed.
- Prepare maintenance request and follow-up.
- Monitor food and liquor requisitions and food waste.
- Check bar controls, shot glass use, red lining, and bottles totally empty daily.
- 1 year of experience in Food and Beverage Supervision or Management role preferred.
- 4 year college degree required, preferably in a related field.
- Must have the ability to manage deadlines.
- Understanding of Food and Beverage financials including cost and par controls is preferred.
- General knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Must have a strong attention to detail as well as strong customer service skills.
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule, approx. 50 hours a week including weekends and holidays.
- Must be familiar with and adhere to all liquor liability laws.
- Must know emergency procedures and work to prevent accidents.
- Must have TABC Certification and Food Handler Certificate.
Omni Hotels & Resorts is an equal opportunity employer - vets/disability. The EEO is the Law poster and its supplement are available using the following links: EEOC is the Law Poster and the following link is the OFCCP's Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination policy statement
If you are interested in applying for employment with Omni Hotels & Resorts and need special assistance to apply for a posted position, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org .