Barton Creek Resort & Spa
Barton Creek Resort & Spa's success is due to its dedicated, intelligent and self-motivated family of associates who work together to maintain the company's trademark high standards. If you would like to be a part of an environment where teamwork is emphasized and individual excellence is encouraged then this is the place for you.
Omni Barton Creek Resort and Spa's associates enjoy a dynamic and exciting work environment, comprehensive training and mentoring, along with the pride that comes from working for a company with a reputation for exceptional service. We embody a culture of respect, gratitude and empowerment day in and day out. If you are a friendly, motivated person, with a passion to serve others, the Omni Barton Creek may be your perfect match.
The Fitness Instructor role is dedicated to providing quality service that exceeds Guest and Member expectations, work to create guests for life, by proactively embracing established service standards, adhering to safety regulations and gaining the knowledge to assist guests with any and all needs.
- Demonstrate commitment to making a conscientious effort to eliminate or reduce the risk of injury to our guests and employee partners, damage to our property or the property of others.
- Know the correct action to take in the event of an emergency, and demonstrate this knowledge by acting appropriately in the event of an emergency.
- Know and share information about the resort and activities, demonstrate this knowledge by accurately communicating daily events, hours of operation and resort/activity information to our guests and employee partners.
- Teach the correct fitness methods depending on the class offered.
- Plan classes around the skill levels of the participants.
- Ensure that the classroom and equipment are in working order.
- Notify Director if maintenance is needed or if equipment needs to be ordered.
- Lead fitness classes in exercises and/or instruct personal training clients.
- Monitor the well-being of all participants.
- Enforce all fitness facility policies, rules and regulations.
- Participate in regular in-service training sessions.
- Complete records and reports as needed.
- Perform other tasks as needed or as directed.
- Must be 18 years of age.
- Must possess current ACE (American Council on Exercise) Group Fitness Instructor certification or equivalent (as approved by Spa Director).
- Must possess current CPR and AED certification.
- Must be able to stand, walk, climb, bend, stoop, and reach up to 60 minutes per hour worked.