Austin Hotel at Southpark
Just moments away from the excitement of downtown Austin, the State Capitol and the 6th Street Entertainment District; the Omni Austin Hotel at Southpark is an exciting place to work. With a premier location in the heart of a world-renowned city, the Omni Southpark is at the center of it all.
Omni Southpark's associates enjoy a dynamic and exciting work environment, comprehensive training and mentoring, along with the pride that comes from working for a company with a reputation for exceptional service. We embody a culture of respect, gratitude and empowerment day in and day out. If you are a friendly, motivated person, with a passion to serve others, the Omni Southpark may be your perfect match.
Omni Hotels & Resorts is seeking a dynamic Director of Sales & Marketing who brings strong leadership and revenue-focused hotel experience and is interested in joining an industry leading company. Based in Austin, Texas at the Omni Austin Hotel at Southpark, you will engage in leading a team of sales associates responsibly for account development, as well as the Catering, Convention Services discipline.
The purpose of this position is to develop and execute strategic sales and marketing plans to generate and optimize overall revenues, through marketing, sales, promotion, advertising and public relations that will impact positively on the hotel resulting in a profitable return on the investment. This person will lead, motivate, and support the sales and catering teams to maximize revenues and margins; maintain positive interdepartmental communications; contribute to the overall direction of the hotel and effectively manage all sales and marketing expenses while exceeding overall budgeted revenues and RevPAR goals. Success is initially measured through pre-opening sales, increased revenues, improved account revenue share and increased customer value and ultimately RevPAR Index premiums.
- Hire and establish an experienced and successful sales team.
- Implement and maintain Omni brand standards.
- Emphasis on exceeding established pre-opening group rate guidelines.
- Develop, maintain and implement strategies/action plans to generate revenues for the hotel.
- Motivate productivity of all sales staff through leadership, development and support.
- Develop, maintain and implement creative and successful packages to fill identified need periods in all segments.
- Active solicitation of key accounts to generate direct sales.
- If needed maintain Sales Team's focus on a Proactive solicitation environment.
- Assist in the achievement of overall Food and Beverage revenue.
- Design and leverage all advertising and public relations opportunities.
- Develop, maintain and implement the budgeting and forecasting process.
- Effectively control all marketing expenses to insure optimum operating profit.
- Ensure that all administrative procedures are in place and functioning effectively.
- Ensure that all required reports are completed on a timely basis.
- Promote high visibility of hotel through active involvement in city pre-opening activities, industry associations and trade shows.
- Provide proper collateral and information vehicles to keep customers informed an updated on the hotel.
- Ensure a challenging and exciting environment to encourage full career development and personal growth.
- Support and promote all Corporate programs to increase customer awareness of Omni Hotels & Resorts and ensure that the customer receives the appropriate benefits of each program.
- Through the Convention Services Department, maintain product and assure the protection and cleanliness of the owner's physical assets.
- Enjoy the Hospitality business, be able to effectively communicate expectations to the team while creating a challenging but fun work environment.
- Always looking for ways to encourage, support and assist the team; setting up the team for success each day to drive the greatest possible results.
- Understand and contribute in overall revenue management initiatives and strategies to ensure we are maximizing every revenue opportunity.
- Uses resources and data to develop strategic plans to sell segments. These plans will incorporate both customer expectations and company's goals relative to revenue.
- Understands Omni Hotels & Resorts sales and business processes, supports corporate and hotel goals and contributes the enhancement of customer value.
- Develops and executes tactical sales processes that support the Hotel's strategic plan.
- Organizes activities and resources in a manner that maximizes productivity and efficiency.
- Focuses on personal sales efforts to achieve maximum revenue return from Key Accounts.
- Monitors achievement objectives and goals for the Hotel and takes appropriate action to correct shortfalls versus the strategic plan.
- Prepare and manage a pre-opening and annual budgets for travel and other business expense.
- Grow relationships at the appropriate levels, both internally and externally that enable the development and advancement of sales initiatives.
- The ability to successfully lead sales & marketing efforts to increase overall revenue.
- Seek input and opinions from all relevant parties. Secures all facts prior to making decisions.
- Can accurately recognize the strengths / limitations of others.
- Accepts leadership responsibilities by modeling proper selling techniques, effective development of others and commitment to industry and personal development.
- Develops effective presentation (orally and written) where ideas, opinions, recommendations and conclusions are understand.
- Maintains communication with Key Accounts. Understands Hotel performance, customer issues and trends.
- Clearly articulates vision, goals, initiatives and expectations for the Hotel.
- Promotes and provides leadership in fostering property sales / national sales synergies.
Basic Skills & Requirements
- Account Planning Skills. Identifying and understanding account potential and the ability to set mutual Omni / Customer expectations
- Management of the customer decision and relationship process.
- Ability to communicate issues and concerns at all level of the organization.
- Ability to direct and lead activities through internal and external resources.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work in a team oriented environment.
- Business planning skills and budget management skills.
- Ability to scan and assess the competitive arena as it relates to region and segment to refine / improve customer value proposition.
- Creative and strategic skills.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and reprioritize when necessary,
- Financial analysis skills. Ties strategies and planned actions and results.
- Strong statistical analysis and business case development
- Communication skills including group presentations, written and oral.
- Team management skills including participation, engages in difficult issues, and effectively influences non-direct reports.
- Strong understanding and expertise in the sales & marketing process.
- Previous full service hotel Director of Sales & Marketing Experience
- College degree or equivalent experience
- Proficient in use of Excel, Word and access database tools.
Omni Hotels & Resorts is an equal opportunity employer - vets/disability. The EEO is the Law poster and its supplement are available using the following links: EEOC is the Law Poster and the following link is the OFCCP's Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination policy statement
If you are interested in applying for employment with Omni Hotels & Resorts and need special assistance to apply for a posted position, please send an email to email@example.com .