Austin Hotel Downtown
Located in the Live Music Capital of the World, the Omni Austin Hotel Downtown is a walking distance from the 6th Street Entertainment District. Omni is a magnificently appointed luxury hotel with the heart of the thriving downtown business center at your doorstep; you'll be just steps away from the Austin Convention Center and the Texas State Capitol.
Omni Austin Hotel Downtown's associates enjoy a dynamic and exciting work environment, comprehensive training and mentoring, along with the pride that comes from working for a company with a reputation for exceptional service. The Omni Austin Hotel Downtown's commitment to serve our associates and nurture their growth has led to the company's highest rating in associate satisfaction and an impressive internal promotion rate. We embody a culture of respect, gratitude and empowerment day in and day out. If you are a friendly, motivated person, with a passion to serve others, the Omni Austin Hotel Downtown may be your perfect match.
This position delivers prompt, friendly, courteous service to Guests ensuring all orders for guests and servers are done accurately and in a timely manner.
- Serve properly mixed and proportioned drinks, in a timely manner, to guests and servers.
- Have excellent working knowledge of liquors, beers and wines.
- Upsell and suggestive sell of both food and beverage to guests.
- Requisition and restock bar with all essential products and equipment.
- Monitor environment in room (temperature, lighting, music, televisions).
- Observe and adhere to all liquor liability laws.
- Check identification of guests ensuring alcohol is served only to those patrons of legal drinking age.
- Monitor the intake of alcohol of guests, prohibiting sale of alcohol to those who are intoxicated.
- Communicate with guests and respond to feedback in a positive manner, resolving any service issues.
- Must be able to stand and walk for up to 7 hours per shift
- Must be able to communicate effectively
- Must have basic computer/MICROS knowledge
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds on a regular basis
- Must be able to work in a fast paced environment
- Previous cash handling experience is required
- Texas Food Handlers and TABC certification is required
- Must be able to work in a fast paced environment providing courteous service and engaging the guests in conversation
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule including day, evening, weekends and holidays
Omni Hotels & Resorts is an equal opportunity employer - vets/disability. The EEO is the Law poster and its supplement are available using the following links: EEOC is the Law Poster and the following link is the OFCCP's Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination policy statement
If you are interested in applying for employment with Omni Hotels & Resorts and need special assistance to apply for a posted position, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org .