Barton Creek Country Club's success is due to its dedicated, intelligent and self-motivated family of associates who work together to deliver personalized service to the club's members and maintain the company's trademark high standards. If you would like to be a part of an environment where teamwork is emphasized and individual excellence is encouraged, then this is the place for you.
Barton Creek Country Club associates enjoy a dynamic and exciting work environment, comprehensive training and mentoring, along with the pride that comes from working for a company with a reputation for exceptional service. We embody a culture of respect, gratitude and empowerment day in and day out. If you are a friendly, motivated person, with a passion to serve others, Barton Creek Country Club may be your perfect match.
Assumes the responsibilities of the Superintendent in their absence. These responsibilities include the maintenance and operation of the golf course as well as all communication with management and related departments.
- Supervise, train and inspect golf course maintenance staff in performing complex cultural tasks including fertilization, pesticide applications, mowing, aerifying, topdressing, irrigation repairs and irrigation computer programming and all other golf course maintenance procedures.
- Maintains accurate records pertaining to employees, chemicals, fertilization, accidents and any other record keeping requirements.
- Reports any discrepancies in safety, improper equipment operation and maintenance procedures.
- Supervise the operation, maintenance and repair of all golf course equipment in the best interest of owner.
- Assists in annual budget and capital improvement requests.
- Reports and recommends any changes to procedures or training.
- Must be available 7 days per week and will be asked to work varied hours.
- Assist in administering payroll to ensure associates are paid accurately and on time.
- Assist in recruiting, interviewing, hiring, and training, coaching and evaluating the performance of GCM associates.
- Assist in conducting monthly OST meetings.
- Attend required company trainings.
- Champion the Power of One / Omni culture.
- 5+ Experience in golf course and turf management is required.
- A degree or advanced education pertaining to the science of golf course management.
- Aptitude for administrative and executive responsibilities including effective oral and written communication skills and computer proficiency.
- Must obtain and maintain state sanctioned pesticide application certification within 6 months of employment
- Thorough understanding of the proper use of fertilizers and their application
- Thorough understanding of the proper irrigation of turf as it relates to turf health and course conditioning.
- Ability to prepare the golf course for play according to the rules of golf.
- Valid Drivers license.