Atlanta Hotel at CNN Center
Luxurious comfort embraces pure style at the elegant, four-diamond Omni Hotel at CNN Center. Located in the heart of downtown Atlanta within the bustling Centennial Park District, this luxury hotel treats you to views of the spectacular downtown skyline or picturesque Centennial Olympic Park. The Omni Hotel at CNN Center is connected to Philips Arena and the Georgia World Congress Center, and it is the closest hotel to the Mercedes-Benz Stadium.
Omni CNN's associates enjoy a dynamic and exciting work environment, comprehensive training and mentoring, along with the pride that comes from working for a company with a reputation for exceptional service. We embody a culture of respect, gratitude and empowerment day in and day out. If you are a friendly, motivated person, with a passion to serve others, the Omni Hotel at CNN Center may be your perfect match.
The SOMs primary responsibility is to maximize business opportunities through control of group inventory and space management. Knowledge of the group market, rooms to space ratio policies and pattern management are all critical components to the success of this position. Understanding the importance of space management and implementing standard booking practices will be a key to our future success. The SOM will be responsible for developing, training and implementing all space management strategies to generate and maximize overall revenues.
- Attend Business Review and assist DOSM, DORM and DOCS in reviewing future group opportunities ensuring space requests meet Hotel's rooms / space policies.
- Verify that revenue and profit are maximized by effectively calculating displacement.
- Manage team to maintain effective use of meeting space that drives maximum group occupancy while verifying that the group customer's needs and expectations have been met.
- Identify dates that require function space to be released, and ensure action is taken by CS/Sales Manager
- Maintain a list of all Group contracts with "unique" clauses i.e. abnormal cutoff dates, guaranteed specific room types, etc.
- Ensure space is blocked appropriately for both sales and catering groups.
- Develop strategies and solutions with the sales and convention services team to identify previously signed definite groups where space has been over committed and the Hotel has rooms to sell.
- Identify "need dates" where there is a significant opportunity to secure additional group or local catering business should space be released by an existing group(s).
- Eliminate or minimize 24 hour all space holds.
- Supervise the execution of the file turnover process. Review and audit definite file turnovers to ensure space is blocked according to contract.
- Review and approve all definite group space addendums.
- Review definite space on the books and make proper adjustments to free up open patterns of straight-line availability.
- Maintain Ballroom availability document.
- Perform daily and weekly function space diary audits to identify conflicts and double bookings and ensure that the adequate space is protected for each group's pattern.
- Provide group histories to other properties and request them as needed.
- Cross check the daily transaction report against space releases on file.
- Additional post contract signing responsibilities include maintenance of the 18-month calendar. Lead monthly convention calendar review meeting to ensure seamless transition from sales to service, highlighting unique contract clauses (i.e. groups with inventory review dates).
- Responsible for coaching and counseling of staff as needed.
- Meet with meeting planners as necessary in pre and post cons.
- Prepare and distribute Group Approaching Cutoff report weekly.
- Ensure a minimum of 3 years of history is on file for groups where appropriate.
- Previous hotel experience preferred in a Sales, Servicing and/or revenue capacity
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, to include: AM/PM, weekends, holidays
- Basic Microsoft Office knowledge
- Familiarity with Delphi strongly preferred