Serving as a cornerstone of northern Atlanta's newest mixed-used community, the Omni Hotel at The Battery Atlanta is the official hotel of the Atlanta Braves and located within steps of SunTrust Park as well as premier office space, the Coca-Cola Roxy music venue and a variety of shopping and dining.
Our luxury hotel features 16 floors with 264 rooms including 28 suites, over 20,000 square feet of meeting space and can accommodate business travelers, families on vacation and everyone in-between. Redefining "live, work, play," we are a proud "play, work, stay" destination and seek to provide an unforgettable experience enhanced by our hotel's elevated pool deck in addition to our Lobby Bar and hotel restaurant.
To ensure proper set up of meeting and Banquet facilities by communicating effectively to associates and handling guests requests on the floor.
- Inspects each function room prior to the event to ensure that both the client's needs are fulfilled, and the hotel standards are met.
- Responsible for initiating and maintaining contact with each meeting planner (in-house) to ensure that all last-minute requests and changes are provided.
- Meets with banquet house person on a daily basis to ensure that uniform codes and personal hygiene requirements are met in accordance with department standards.
- Reviews daily worksheet and assigns specific duties to each banquet House person.
- Review daily Synergy report.
- Inspects each function room prior to, and during breaks to ensure that all requirements reflected on the daily worksheets are met. Specific hotel standards must also be fulfilled.
- Organizing and maintaining the back of the house areas to ensure a productive, safe and energy conserving work environment.
- In coordination with the Banquet Setup Manager initiates appropriate disciplinary action for housemen who have committed infractions of the Rules of Conduct as stated in the Omni Hotels Associate Handbook.
- Ensures that all unused rooms are set to department's standards.
- Executes Associate MOS reports on a monthly basis. Provides daily, weekly and monthly performance feedback to the Associates and reports to the Banquet Setup Manager.
- Banquet setup experience, highly preferred.
- Experience in a hotel, organizing and setting up meeting rooms for special functions, highly preferred.
- Must be able to work flexible shifts, including evenings/nights, weekends and holidays.
- Ability to stand (long period), stoop, bend and lift items weighing up to 50 pounds repetitively during entire shift.
- Ability to multi-task in a high paced environment and have a strong attention to detail.
- Ability to remain calm and professional at all times.
- Be able to make quick decisions and possess good judgment
- Must be able to walk, sit, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, and use hands and arms.
Omni Hotels & Resorts is an equal opportunity employer - vets/disability. The EEO is the Law poster and its supplement are available using the following links: EEOC is the Law Poster and the following link is the OFCCP's Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination policy statement
If you are interested in applying for employment with Omni Hotels & Resorts and need special assistance to apply for a posted position, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org .