Serving as a cornerstone of northern Atlanta's newest mixed-used community, the Omni Hotel at The Battery Atlanta is the official hotel of the Atlanta Braves and located within steps of SunTrust Park as well as premier office space, the Coca-Cola Roxy music venue and a variety of shopping and dining.
Our luxury hotel features 16 floors with 264 rooms including 28 suites, over 20,000 square feet of meeting space and can accommodate business travelers, families on vacation and everyone in-between. Redefining "live, work, play," we are a proud "play, work, stay" destination and seek to provide an unforgettable experience enhanced by our hotel's elevated pool deck in addition to our Lobby Bar and hotel restaurant.
Provide high quality standards and procedures in preparing/serving all banquet food.
- Maintain kitchen sanitation in accordance with health department guidelines
- Insure station is set for service 15 minutes prior to service.
- Required to learn all menu items produced by assigned station.
- Perform work assignments to meet proper quantities within a necessary time frame.
- Prepare a mixture of buffet and plated style items
- Production of orders to include Grilling, Roasting, and Baking fish, steaks, chicken and shellfish.
- Maintain safe food handling procedures at all times
- Relevant culinary experience, preferably in high volume upscale hotel banquet operation, preferred.
- Must be familiar with batch and quantity cooking
- Ability to work cohesively with co-workers both within and outside of your department
- Ability to handle stressful situations, while maintaining a calm and welcoming demeanor.
- Ability to multi-task and work in fast paced environment
- Ability to prioritize, organize and follow up
- Ability to produce high volumes of work while maintaining quality per Omni standards
- Culinary degree and/or formal training preferred
- The ability to stand/walk for long periods of time and lift/carry/push/pull up to 50 pounds. Requires repetitive motion with both hands and occasional bending/stooping/kneeling.
- Must be able to utilize culinary tools (knives, commercial equipment, etc) and taste/smell.
- Flexible schedule to include nights, weekends, and holidays.
- ServSafe Food Handler Certification, required.
Omni Hotels & Resorts is an equal opportunity employer - vets/disability. The EEO is the Law poster and its supplement are available using the following links: EEOC is the Law Poster and the following link is the OFCCP's Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination policy statement
If you are interested in applying for employment with Omni Hotels & Resorts and need special assistance to apply for a posted position, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org .