Reserve Status: a position averaging 20 hours a week.
Wine Servers/Tasting Room Hosts provide our guests with a warm, friendly, professional atmosphere while helping each guest become familiar with Biltmore Estate wine and wine making in general. This is accomplished with tactfulness, adaptability, and hospitality.Hosts will use their knowledge of wines, Biltmore, and the Asheville area to deliver one-of-a-kind experiences for guests through active listening and world class guest service techniques. $11.22 per hour
Available Nights, Weekends, and Holidays are a must.
- High school diploma.
- Previous experience in a guest service environment required.The ideal candidate will have had at least six (6) months of related experience, preferably in an upscale food and beverage or other similar setting.
- Demonstrated commitment to delivering world class guest service and anticipating and exceeding guest expectations.
- Excellent guest relation and communications skills are a must; should be comfortable and able to offer warm, sincere, and gracious hospitality to guests.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills and the ability to handle a variety of guest service situations in a manner consistent with Biltmore standards.
- Must be able to quickly acquire a working knowledge of Biltmore wines, winemaking, the estate and its history, and Asheville and surrounding environs.Must also be able to know and communicate information about Biltmore products and services.
- Ability to use active listening skills and suggestive selling techniques.
- Terrific attention to details.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize in a fast-paced, guest service environment.
- Must be able to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to be proactive, exercise good judgment, and take initiative as appropriate.
- Ability to be professional in both appearance and demeanor in accordance with Biltmore standards.
- Applicants must be at least 18 years of age.
Essential Job Duties:
1. Prepare the Tasting Room for the days’ activities.
2. Greet the guests with warmth and professionalism.
3. Accurately track wine inventory/usage on a daily basis.
4. Work with the guests individually or as a group to find the wines they like, while adhering to North Carolina alcohol laws.
5. Create a unique tasting experience for each guest by engaging guests in the wine lists and assisting guests in selecting the wines that fit the guest’s wine preferences.
6. Possess general understanding of wine making process and be knowledgeable of Biltmore Wine portfolio.
7. Up sell and cross sell wines and merchandise, including quantity discounts.
8. Promote the Wine Club with all guests.
9. Extend a pleasant and sincere farewell and thank you to all guests.
10. Stock, clean, and close the Tasting Room at the end of the day.
11. Keep a safe, clean and neat work area.
12. Due to the high volume of guests and the very high profile nature of the job, the employee must be able to multi task and be very attentive to their surroundings. New Guests will arrive at the counter at a rapid rate and must be attended to quickly.
13. The employee must be outgoing and genuinely enjoy working with people.
- Lifting up to 50 pounds maximum with frequent bending, lifting and/or carrying of objects weighing up to 20 pounds.
- Requires walking/standing for extended periods of time.
- Work environment involves some exposure to hazards or physical risks, which require following basic safety precautions.
- The employee may work indoors or outside with fluctuations in temperature and conditions.