Location : 320 Ridgefield Ct., Asheville, NC 28806
Underwriting Skills & Credit Packaging:
- Candidate will underwrite credit relationships of moderate to high levels of complexity within the C&I or CRE underwriting space.
- Candidate can clearly articulate the key financial trends, borrower, guarantor and global cash flows along with the key non-financial risks of the credit request into a well-organized narrative credit analysis with little to no guidance necessary.
- Candidate must possess a level of independent expertise sufficient to fully authenticate debt capacity of all different types of borrowers by validating appropriate structure, deciphering both quantitative and qualitative levels of working capital, on and off balance sheet cushions of protection, individualized risk points within each borrowing relationship and appropriately focused assessment of risk as it relates tomanagement depth and breadth as well as applicable industry and regulatory risk points.
- Candidate will formulate and utilize their conclusions to make appropriate recommendations regarding credit request itself as well as loan structure, financial and non-financial covenants, risk rating and ongoing servicing needs.
- Candidate will ensure the loan is consistent with loan policy and make recommendations to strengthen the loan request through the use of loan covenants (both financial and non-financial) or other structural risk mitigants as necessary.
- Candidate will possess the skill set to decipher the difference between a loan made outside of policy that is acceptable and one that is not acceptable.
- Candidate has skill set to recognize the depth of underwriting required for the complexity and/or type of request.
- Candidate will also use expertise to assist and mentor other employees as a resource on appropriate underwriting, credit assessment and risk identification.
- Candidate will prepare the final credit package for review by the Commercial Credit Manager.
- May assist Commercial Relationship Managers and Credit Officers with presentations for decision.
- Maintain industry research and expertise on assigned industries as directed.
- Serves as a resource for Commercial Relationship Managers or other employees in terms of answering questions on policy, discussing potential credits and structure and a general sounding board for the line as needed.
- May provide assistance to the Commercial Credit Manager, as needed, on various projects.
Job knowledge/skills required :
- 5+ years' experience in credit administration and/or commercial banking.
- Proven underwriting and decision making experience, with a demonstrated track record of effective problem solving.
- Must have excellent communication and interpersonal skills, strong organizational and time management skills, and ability to work independently to meet deadlines while managing multiple projects / processes.
- Sound diplomatic skills to manage conflicts effectively and with a high degree of personal and professional integrity.
- Is accessible to staff, works with a sense of urgency and treats all employees with respect.
- Must be proficient with Microsoft Office applications.
- Familiarity with all federal and state banking regulations pertaining to lending and consumer compliance, including fair lending laws.
Personal Traits :
- Must be a creative and solution oriented problem solver/decision maker who is able to solve complex problems while adhering to prudent credit management practices, credit policies, regulations, and bank goals.
- Must be flexible and willing to take-on projects and responsibilities outside the primary scope of position, as needed.
- Adopts an anticipatory rather than reactionary approach to managing credit and process risk.
- Is comfortable in agreeing to disagree in some matters, open enough to listen and adapt as appropriate and strong enough to stick to core beliefs when he/she believes it appropriate.
- High degree of personal and professional integrity - consistent, trustworthy, honest and fair in dealing with bank staff and customers.
EOE/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities