Full Time: a position working 35+ hours per week.
Village Hotel Maintenance Staff II will support the delivery of world class guest service by adhering to Village Hotel and Biltmore specifications and standards for plant operations including but not limited to: facility repairs, maintenance, upkeep; replacement of the property's equipment, materials and supplies as required; and all interior and exterior aspects of plumbing, painting, carpentry and outsourcing of complex electrical work. Engineering staff will also provide general assistance and support for the hotel's guests, staff, leadership, and company as assigned.
This position is eligible a 2nd or 3rd shift pay differential of $1.25 or $2.00/hour. (Base pay of $12.75 + 2nd shift differential $1.25 = $14.00/hour or $14.75 for 3rd.)
- High school diploma required. Additional training/education and certification in carpentry, plumbing, electrical, or other trade preferred.
- Minimum two (2) years of experience in commercial plant operations and mechanics, preferably in an upscale hotel/resort/facility setting. Three (3) years preferred.
- Demonstrated commitment to delivering world class internal/external guest service.
- Experience with carpentry, plumbing and building mechanical systems (electrical, etc.); can read construction drawings, blueprints and schematics. Math skills a must.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; must be able to provide clear and concise directions and instructions, and interact professionally with staff and guests.
- Strong planning/organizational skills; can prioritize work, multi-task, and adapt.
- Handles a variety of internal and external guest issues in a professional manner.
- Proactive and exercises good judgment; troubleshoots and problem solves.
- Keen attention to detail with focus on quality and service.
Physical Requirements:This position will require a physical exam at the Biltmore Clinic prior to starting work. An offer of employment is conditional upon the successful completion of this examination.
- Exert physical effort in transporting 50 – 75 pounds frequently.
- Endure various physical movements throughout the work areas.
- Reach, push, pull, bend and lift.
- Ability to remain in stationary or ambulatory positions throughout work shift.
- This job involves working in the Engineering workshop and all areas of the hotel:
- Under variable temperature conditions (extreme heat or cold).
- Under variable noise levels.
- Outdoors and indoors.
- Around fumes and odor hazards.
- Around dust and mite hazards.
- Around chemicals.
Essential Job Duties:
1. Maintain complete knowledge of correct maintenance and use of equipment and systems, and hotel specs, features, and operations.
2. Provides exceptional service; foster positive relations with vendors and staff.
3. Monitor and maintain cleanliness, sanitation and organization of assigned work areas.
4. Receive daily work assignments and review priorities and special projects.
5. Maintain par stock levels of fixtures, tools and other standard supplies. Communicate requisition needs to the Maintenance Supervisor.
6. Install, maintain, replace or repair equipment, hardware, fixtures, etc.
7. Ensure that the swimming pool is properly maintained. Test water and equipment.
8. Maintain proper use, cleaning and storage of all tools, equipment and supplies.
9. Handle chemicals for designated uses/surfaces.
10. Assist with any special projects assigned and room preventive maintenance.