Flex Status: A position working an average of 20-29 hours per week (between 1000 - 1559 hours/year).
The Lobby Attendant will provide exceptional service to the guest, always conveying a warm and friendly smile, and ensuring a world class experience and courteously and efficiently handling guest arrivals/departure. Lobby Attendant will proactively provide our guests with personal service and attention that exceeds their expectations, create one-of-a-kind memories, and that allow guest to enjoy all that Biltmore has to offer. Attendants will also assist guests with directions and will serve a resource for questions and inquiries about Biltmore and the Asheville area.
There will be a Hiring Event for this position on September 24th from 2:00pm-4:00pm at the Biltmore Career Center located at 2 Hendersonville Rd. Asheville, N.C. 28803
- At least six (6) months of similar experience in guest services or a related field, preferably in an upscale attraction/hotel/resort environment.
- Demonstrated commitment to delivering world class internal/external guest service.
- Outstanding interpersonal and written/verbal communication skills. Must be able to communicate clearly and concisely, and engage guests. Second language helpful.
- Proactive; engages guests, can creatively problem solve and exercises good judgment.
- Must be able to quickly acquire knowledge of Biltmore history, products/services, operations, and Asheville area.
- Comfortable accessing/using technology to find information.
- Keen attention to detail and quality; can anticipate guest needs.
- High school diploma. Additional training or certifications preferred.
- The incumbent should be able to stand continuously for 8 hours.
- Should be able to lift up to 50 pounds occasionally.
- Incumbent must be able to communicate clearly.
- May be working both indoors and outside with fluctuations in temperature and conditions.
Essential Job Duties:
1. Welcome and greet guests of Village Hotel.
2. Provide directions to guests to facilitate arrival process while keeping porte-cochere free of congestion.
3. Maintain a clean and pleasant work environment.
4. Provide guest directions to estate areas as well as local areas of interest.
5. Maintain knowledge of estate activities, times and tours while able to provide a knowledgeable description and requirements.
6. Consistently ensure shuttle lane is free of parked cars.
7. Assisting in directing Bus Groups to the bus lane and assist with arrival process including porterage service.
8. Assisting guests for the Downtown shuttle to the correct shuttle and times.
9. Assist with deliveries to rooms to help housekeeping when necessary.
10. Assist guest with estate purchase pick ups.