Flex Status: a position averaging 20-29 hours a week.
Hosts will courteously greet and escort guests to tables and assist in seating, ensuring Biltmore standards of service. The incumbent will maintain flow of seating by section throughout serving period. Hosts will also assist in preparing the Restaurant for service and maintaining the cleanliness of the room at all times. Host will answer the telephone, take reservations and maintain reservation book and assist in monitoring the guests’ needs and all phases of the operation. The incumbent will also provide general assistance and support for the department, leadership, and company.
1. Previous guest service experience required, preferably front of house food and beverage experience, particularly in a fine dining or upscale restaurant.
2. Fluency in English and basic math skills with the ability to handle cash and credit transactions as needed.
3. Familiarity with and/or the ability to quickly become proficient with reservations software. Knowledge of Open Table reservations system helpful.
4. Ability to: Think clearly, quickly, maintain concentration and make concise decisions in pressure situations. Focus attention on guest needs, remaining calm and courteous. Provide clear, pleasant telephone communication with proper grammar.
1. Occasionally transport 25 – 50 pounds.
2. Endure various physical movements throughout work areas and over duration of work
3. Ability to remain ambulatory or in stationary position throughout work shift.
4. Exposure to fumes, dust and chemicals
5. Ability to work in an environment that may include:
Variable temperature conditions and noise levels
Essential Job Duties:
1. Greet and acknowledge all arriving guests, however busy and whatever time of day.
2. Escort guests to tables and assist in seating at tables; present menus and extend
congenialities in accordance to department guidelines.
3. Maintain an optimum flow of seating by section to best service guests.
4. Extend courteous departures as guests leave the restaurant and invite them to return.
5. Guide the Servers and Dining Room Assistants in table set-up needs to ensure
optimum service to guests.
6. Communicate V.I.P. arrivals and special requests to designated personnel for follow
7. Answer restaurant telephone courteously and efficiently as specified in department
8. Take, record and confirm restaurant reservations/cancellations as specified in
9. Accommodate all requests for information courteously.
10. Anticipate guests’ needs, respond promptly and acknowledge all guests, however
busy and whatever time of day. Maintain positive guest relations at all times.