Reserve Status : a position averaging 20 hours a week.
The Server is responsible for coordinating entire table service for guests and communicating with front and back of house personnel to provide a world class dining experience thatexceeds guest expectations.Servers will deliver gracious hospitality and ensure all guests receive friendly, courteous and prompt service at all times following proscribed and established Biltmore service standards.
($3.13/hr+ tips, minimum $11.22/hr)
- High school diploma.
- Previous serving experience in a full-service restaurant required. The ideal candidate will have had at least six (6) months of related restaurant experience in a fine dining/upscale setting, preferably in a multi-unit resort.
- Demonstrated commitment to delivering world class guest service and anticipating and exceeding guest expectations.
- Excellent guest relation and communications skills are a must; should be comfortable and able to offer warm, sincere, and gracious hospitality to guests.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills and the ability to handle a variety of guest service situations in a manner consistent with Biltmore standards.
- Terrific attention to details.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize in a fast-paced, guest service environment.
- Must be able to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to be proactive, exercise good judgment, and take initiative as appropriate.
- Ability to be professional in both appearance and demeanor in accordance with Biltmore standards.
- Applicants must be at least 18 years of age.
- Lift, carry, push and pull 25–50 pounds; lift and carry 25-50 pounds on a large serving tray, above shoulder level, with one hand, bent in reverse 90 degrees. Serversmay run their own food orders.
- Requires walking or standing to a significant degree.
- Work environment involves some exposure to hazards or physical risks, which require following basic safety precautions.
- The employee may work in a restaurant or kitchen environment.
- May often serve in hot interior or exterior areas, and may work double shifts based on business demands. Reserve or Flex servers may work more than 20 hours per week based on business demand.
Essential Job Duties:
1. Processes guest orders to ensure that all items are prepared properly and on a timely basis.
2. Present, open, and pour wine when serving guests.
3. Observe diners to ensure that guests are satisfied with the food and service, respond to additional requests and determine when the meal has been completed.
4. Total bills and accept payment or refers guests to supervisors.
5. Maintains in depth knowledge of complete menu and beverages on hand. Up-sells menu items and beverages accordingly.
6. Will actively work on P.O.S. system in accordance with guidelines.
7. Ensures that the required uniform is kept clean, neatly pressed and in good repair.
8. Arrives ready to start work properly attired; full uniform and appropriate foot wear.
9. Ensures cutlery, china and glassware is spotless before setting on tables.
10. Must be able to work nights and weekends and potential for holidays.
11. May assist bus person with stocking, removing, and resetting dishes and silverware between courses and cleaning and resetting vacated tables.
12. Will ensure all side duties are fully completed prior to the end of the shift as outlined and in readiness for the next meal period.
13. To conduct one’s self in accordance with the goals, culture, service standards and fundamental values of Biltmore.
14. To maintain a clean working environment, where sanitation, health and safety standards are never compromised.