Stable Cafe Dining Room Supervisor - Full Time
Full Time : a position averaging 35+ hours a week.
The Dining Room Supervisor is responsible for the supervision of “front of house” dining operations inaccordance with Biltmore standards.This position will be charged with executing and maintaining the Biltmore service and management philosophies; ensuring standards are met or exceeded; supervision of staff and assisting with performance management; scheduling; and delivering unique and memorable world class dining experiences for guests.
- High school diploma (or GED).
- Minimum two (2) years related supervisory/management experience in a comparable fine dining restaurant and/or upscale hotel restaurant is required.A combination of education and experience may be considered.The preferred candidate will have dedicated fine dining experience to include in a multi-unit 4/5 star/diamond hotel or resort.
- Demonstrated leadership skills and/or previous supervisory experience required.
- Knowledge of wine and cordials preferred.
- Minimum 21 years of age to bartend as needed.
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Familiarity with food and beverage cost controls.
- Ability to be proactive, take initiative and exercise good judgment
- Strong organizational and planning skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Outlook, and Excel
- Proven commitment to the delivery of world class guest service, internally and externally, and ability to motivate staff to do the same are essential functions of this position.
- Ability to maintain a professional appearance and demeanor and handle a variety of guest service situations in a manner consistent with Biltmore standards are essential functions of this position.
- Must be comfortable working in a corporate setting.
- Exert physical effort in transporting 25-50 pounds frequently.
- Endure various physical movements throughout work areas and over duration of work shift.
- Ability to remain ambulatory and in stationary positions throughout work shift.
- Must be able to work 10 –14 hour shifts when business demands.
- Ability to work in an environment that includes:
- Variable temperature conditions and noise levels
- Outdoor environments
- Exposure to fumes, dust and chemicals
- Satisfactorily communicate with guests, management and co-workers to their understanding.
Essential Job Duties:
1. Daily supervision of operations and staff.
2. Handles escalated guest service recovery; resolves guest complaints, ensuring guest satisfaction according to standards; empowers staff to troubleshoot.
3. Assists with hiring, training, development, scheduling and performance management of staff; promotes positive and professional work environment.
4. Opening/closing and reporting duties.
5. Facilitates communication between front/back of house to provide seamless service.
6. Maintains current and accurate knowledge of all F&B products/menu items, as well as VIPs, groups, and hotel information.
7. Supports staff in ensuring that facilities, service, and experience exceeds expectations and is consistent with Biltmore standards.