Full Time: a position working 35+ hours per week.
The Cook III position reports to the Demi and Sous Chefs and will work on the line, and will also organize, prep and assist with banquets. The Cook III will also assist with food preparation, production, quality control and attaining profitability and revenue goals. This position may also offer leadership support to staff members in the absence of the supervisor, and will provide guidance and direction to line staff as needed. In addition, the Cook III may also be expected to serve as a resource for line staff in a particular area of food preparation and/or production. Other duties will include assisting with the development of daily specials, working with culinary externs and apprentices, and general operational support. Success will be measured by guest satisfaction, organization and kitchen cleanliness, attitude and product quality. The inbumbent will also provide general support and assistance to the department, leadership, and company.
Essential Job Duties:
1. Maintain a clean and well organized work area; ensure all equipment is well cleaned and maintained and in a safe and good working order; cleans and organizes all stations, coolers, sinks, and walk-ins for next shift.
2. Checks daily forecasts and BEOs in order to prepare, set-up properly, and for accurate information; writes and follows daily checklist consistently.
3. Accountable for proper rotation and dating of all food items
4. Ensure all items are prepared, garnished, and presented to quality standards; prepare and plan in advance to ensure all mis en place needed for next shift is ready.
5. Training for new staff; assists with development of interns, externs, and Level 1/2 cooks; serves as supervisor on duty in the absence of Demi Chef and Chef.
6. Check food items daily for quality and freshness.
7. Prepare and plan in advance to ensure items needed for next day are ready.
8. Possess the ability to write and follow daily check list consistently.
9. Cross- train on all lines to be proficient on all station as well as stewarding equipment in order to provide assistance as needed.
1. High school diploma. A two-year culinary degree, additional training, and/or industry certifications are preferred.
2. At least two (2) years of related culinary experience in a full-service restaurant, preferably in a fine dining/upscale setting. The ideal candidate will have had progressive leadership responsibilities in a multi-unit, luxury hotel/resort food and beverage operation with exposure to both a la carte and banquet dining service styles.
3. Demonstrated leadership experience and/or prior supervisory or management experience preferred. Should be capable of leading co-workers in the absence of supervisor.
4. Proven commitment to the delivery of world class service and products, and the ability to motivate staff to do the same.
5. Basic proficiency with Microsoft Word, Outlook, and Excel.
6. Basic math skills and the ability to develop, read, and execute recipes.
7. Must be able to follow prep and order sheets.
8. Strong knowledge of food product identification, fabrication and cooking methods; experience with inventory and cost control techniques helpful.
9. Ability to work closely with culinary externs and apprentices and assist in their education and professional development.
1. Able to sit, stand, twist, bend, push, pull, walk, and lift up to 50 pounds on a regular basis for periods of up to 10 hours or more per day.
2. Able to work effectively in a kitchen environment with extremes in temperature (heat, cold, humidity) for an extended period of time.