Stable Cafe Cook II - Reserve
Reserve Status: a position averaging 20 hours per week.
The Cook II is responsible for preparing food products that represent Biltmore’s standards for all dining, banquet, and a la carte services. The Cook II position is generally charged with a la carte line work, hot food and pantry preparation, as well as banquet and buffet production. The success of this position will be measured by guest satisfaction, cleanliness, organization, product quality, consistency, and timeliness of service. The incumbent will also provide general support and assistance to the leadership, department, and company.
1. High school diploma. Culinary training and/or certifications preferred.
2. At least one year of related culinary experience in a full-service restaurant. The ideal
candidate will have had two years of prior experience in a fine dining/upscale dining
environment. An equivalent combination of education and experience may be
3. Demonstrated commitment to providing world class guest service and stellar dining
4. Knowledge of food sanitation procedures. ServSafe certification preferred.
5. Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced, team dynamic environment with time
sensitivities and production deadlines.
6. Strong organizational, planning and time management skills.
7. Read and execute recipes.
8. Work effectively with minimal supervision.
9. Take initiative and be proactive where appropriate.
10. Exercise good judgment and creatively problem solve as necessary.
11. Be professional in both appearance and demeanor at all times.
1. Able to sit, stand, bend, push, pull, walk, and lift up to 50 pounds on a regular basis
for periods of up to 10 hours a day.
2. Abe to work effectively in a kitchen environment with occasional extremes in temperature (heat, cold, humidity) for an extended period of time.
Essential Job Duties:
1. Maintain a clean and well organized work area and participates in ensuring all
equipment is properly cleaned, maintained and in safe, good working order.
2. Double check daily forecasts to prepare and set up properly.
3. Accountable for proper rotation, storage, and dating of all food items.
4. Cross-train on all lines to provide backup assistance as needed.
5. Train on stewarding equipment to provide assistance as needed.
6. Responsible for communicating effectively and professionally with fellow
co-workers and supervisors within area of responsibility and within other property
7. Work closely with chefs to develop menus and plating designs, ordering of food
items, inventories and food controls, and participate in the training of Cook I and
stewards in accordance to department standards.