Location : 10 Woodfin St., Asheville, NC 28801
This senior staff position leads the Accounting Department's compliance with the Sarbanes-Oxley Act (SOX) as it relates to internal controls.
Specific Job Functions
- Promotes the growth and prosperity of the Bank by professionally serving the needs of internal and external customers.
- Drafts, reviews, and maintains Accounting Department SOX narratives.
- Assists Human Resources and other departments with SOX documentation and controls.
- Manages the SOX control documentation process.
- Coordinates SOX testing requests with internal and external auditors.
- Creates and updates Excel spreadsheets as required by supervisor.
- Serves as back-up for other accounting positions.
- Assists with special projects as assigned.
- Performs other duties as requested.
- Strong knowledge of SOX related internal controls and documentation through public accounting or public company experience.
- Highly proficient in Excel to be able to both update and create new spreadsheets.
- Highly organized - able to multi-task without creating stress.
- Experience with Microsoft Access a plus but not required.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Proficiency on 10-key and strong computer skills with ability to learn new software.
- Must be detail-oriented while still cognizant of the big picture.
- Dedicated to follow up and follow through on routine and non-routine tasks.
Physical and Mental Qualifications
- This position will require someone with autonomous nature and natural follow up and follow through.
- Ability to understand and use Bank policies and procedures to support positive customer interactions.
- Ability to communicate in a positive and effective manner in one-on-one and in small group meetings or presentations.
- Ability to listen to and/or convey detailed or important instructions or ideas accurately and quickly.
- Ability to think and act independently within guidelines and limitations of Bank policy and assigned personal authority.
- This position requires excellent judgment and analysis skills.
- Additionally, attention to detail is required, yet be able to grasp the big picture.
- Provides guidance to other departments regarding various accounting duties.
- Presents a professional, business-like manner and appearance.
- Effective team member with demonstrated collaboration skills.
- Three-five years' experience in banking/accounting or similar.
- SEC Reporting and SOX experience with a public company preferred.
- Bachelor's degree in accounting, business administration, or similar field of study.
- Working knowledge of financial accounting for banks.
- CPA Preferred.
Work Environment and Physical Demands
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, and fax machines.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
HomeTrust Bank promotes an equal employment opportunity workplace which includes reasonable accommodation of qualified applicants and employees.