Location : 10 Woodfin St., Asheville, NC 28801
This role is primarily responsible for the loan processing (application to funding) of all SBA 7(a) and USDA Business and Financing functions for the HomeTrust Bank SBA Lending Division. This role will work closely with the Bank's Loan Service Provider, Windsor Advantage, in fulfilling the Bank's policies and procedures in conjunction with the respective policies and procedures of the applicable government programs. Employee will support critical procedures that ensure an efficient loan application and documentation practice, including but not limited to: Assisting in the collection and review of needed application and financial statement documents, electronic naming and filing of the necessary documents internally and externally to Windsor Advantage through ShareFile; loan application processing through the Bank's Commercial Loan Processing Tool; ordering appraisal and environmental reports as driven by loan type and policy; collecting, managing and tracking customer deposits and associated invoicing into the correct General Ledger accounts; manage the closing process; review title work; collecting and reviewing all insurance required; working as a partner with Bank Counsel, Windsor Advantage, and Borrower Closing Agent in the closing process, including organizing and reviewing the draft closing package, managing payoff(s), verifying wire instructions, and funding loans as approved; HMDA Reporting; and all other critical risk management activities needed to minimize credit, documentation and operational risks in the SBA Lending Division while providing exceptional customer service to the Borrower.
Specific Job Functions:
- Assist the SBA Relationship Manager(s) in collecting all necessary application and financial documentation to begin the loan underwriting process via direct communication with customers, prospects, brokers, and HomeTrust Bank Employees.
- Work closely with the SBA Relationship Manager(s) and serve at their discretion as the main or secondary point of contact with the Bank's Loan Service Provider, Windsor Advantage, on processing and closing SBA 7(a) and USDA loan applications.
- Quickly and accurately name and file electronically all loan paperwork, application documents, financials, etc. on the HomeTrust Bank network and upload securely to Windsor Advantage.
- Provide superior customer service with the end goal to serve the client's need.
- Assist the SBA Relationship Manager(s) in the application entry process as needed.This may include managing the Commercial Loan Processing Tool and entry of new loan applications.
- Assist the SBA Relationship Manager(s) in drafting Term Sheets and Commitment Letters as needed.
- Receive all incoming borrower deposits and signed term sheets and notify the appropriate parties when received.Track all borrower deposits and deposit the funds into the correct General Ledger.Ensure correct deposit credits at closing, or refunding any deposits when applicable.
- Ensure adherence to all regulatory and compliance procedures.
- Receive all necessary diligence for each loan to verify and order the following reports as needed:
- Personal Credit (as needed for pre-screens).
- Customer Identification Records per the Bank's Customer Identification Program.
- Environmental Reports through ValuTrac.
- Appraisal Reports through ValuTrac.
- Help to serve customers with questions related to the general servicing of their loan.Work toward problem resolution but escalates to a Supervisor when appropriate.
- Manage the SBA closing process via communication with Bank Counsel, Windsor Advantage, and the Borrower's Closing Agent.
- Review and collection of all loan documentation prior to closing for accuracy and compliance with the Bank Approval and SBA Authorization.
- Will be responsible for loan funding per the approved Settlement Statement, verify wiring instructions, and initiating wires.
- All other facets of the transaction from the inception to the conclusion.
- Receive broker invoices and W9. Pay brokers after loan settlement or as agreed via wire or certified check.
- Receive all loan documents after closing, review, scan, and email to Windsor Advantage for funding approval.
- Assist in the True Certification of the original Notes for the guaranteed portion sale.
- Assist the Director of SBA Lending in packaging and overnighting the SBA 1086 and all necessary documents for settlement on loan sales.
- Forwarding all original executed loan documents to Commercial Loan Servicing.
- Maintain a spreadsheet of all active SBA/USDA construction loans and serve as the point of contact and facilitator between Windsor Advantage and the HomeTrust Bank Construction Administration group during the construction process.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Prepare paper packages for USDA B&I and REAP loans as needed and mail to USDA offices.
- Assist with special projects as needed.
- Contribute to building positive team spirit.
- Performs other duties as requested/assigned.
Knowledge / Skills Required :
- Ability to understand, and use Bank policies and procedures to ensure operational efficiency and regulatory compliance in conjunction with the SBA's Standard Operating Procedures and USDA's Policies and Procedures.
- Demonstrated problem solving ability.
- Above average communications skills with emphasis on listening and problem solving skills.
- Ability to understand and/or convey detailed or important instructions or ideas accurately and quickly.
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously. Exceptional organization skills.
- Ability to prioritize duties and work independently.
- Self-motivated with excellent attention to detail.
- Some industry knowledge and experience of Bank operations, policies, procedures and regulations related to commercial lending.
- Strong customer service skills
- Adapts to changes in the work environment.Able to deal with frequent change, delays or unexpected events.
- Ability to meet designated deadlines while remaining flexible to changing assignments.
- Self-motivated with excellent attention to detail.
Job Requirements :
- High School Diploma or equivalent required. Undergraduate degree in Finance, Business Administration, Operations Management or related field is preferred.
- Five to Ten (5-10) years of professional business, paralegal, or related experience. Two (2) years minimum experience in Banking preferred with a focus on Commercial Lending, Commercial Documentation, or Commercial Banking Associate role.
- Experience in reviewing Title Work and Title Insurance along with Hazard/Fire/Liability Insurance Policies.
- Demonstrated proficiency in basic computer applications, such as Microsoft Office, ShareFile, and other applications.
EOE/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities