The Radiology Assistant at Mission Hospital is responsible for providing support to the radiology department, imaging center, or mammography services to ensure prompt and efficient workflow while ensuring patients feel welcome and as comfortable as possible during their visit.
This position includes the following responsibilities:
- Provides non-clinical patient care support and performs required regulatory functions and patient communication consistent with organizational direction.
- Performs duties under the supervision of a registered technologist, and assists staff by caring for patients, retrieving images and performing limited clerical duties.
- Supports quality of care by demonstrating proper orientation, competency knowledge and skills.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- BLS (Basic Life Support) certification
- Ability to prioritize tasks and work independently with little supervision. Strong verbal and written communication skills. Strong interpersonal skills necessary to be an efficient, and cooperative team member. Must possess the ability to work in a fast-paced environment. Ability to use computers and learn new computer applications (such as medical records or PACS systems). Attention to detail to ensure accurate patient records and information is critical.
- Ideal candidate will have prior experience in Medical Terminology and a Radiology or Imaging Center