Grove Park Inn
The AAA Four-Diamond Grove Park Inn is noted for understated elegance and southern charm; ten U.S. Presidents and countless luminaries from the worlds of art, entertainment, sports and politics have stayed at this hotel. The property offers sweeping views of the Blue Ridge Mountains, delectable restaurants, a Donald Ross golf course, tennis and fitness center, award winning spa and spacious convention facilities.
Omni Grove Park Inn's associates enjoy a dynamic and exciting work environment, comprehensive training and mentoring, along with the pride that comes from working for a company with a reputation for exceptional service. We embody a culture of respect, gratitude and empowerment day in and day out. If you are a friendly, motivated person, with a passion to serve others, the Omni Grove Park Inn may be your perfect match.
The Pastry Cook 2 supports the hotel restaurants and banquet department by providing fresh, creative pastry items for our guests.
- Knowledge of daily pastry orders and preparations.
- Ability to handle cakes that are ordered at the last minute.
- Help with Cooking Demos, Wedding Cakes, Sugar Sculptures, and Bakery.
- Prepares all food items according to standard recipes and/or as specified on guest check to ensure consistency of product.
- Visually inspects, selects and uses only food items ideal cooking, in preparation of all menu items.
- Prepares daily requisitions for supplies and food items for production.
- Reads and employs math skills to follow recipes.
- Ensure all equipment is clean and in working condition.
- Visually inspects, selects and uses only the freshest food products of the highest standard in preparation of all menu items.
- Maintain the highest quality and appearance of all foods sent from kitchen and make sure plates/buffet presentations are clean and appetizing.
- Label and date all foods.
- Solely responsible for maintaining clean work station. Make sure all work areas are properly cleaned at end of shift and at end of evening.
- Recognize a deficiency with a dish and makes corrections.
- Measures and mixes ingredients to form dough or batter.
- Shapes dough for cookies, pies and pastries.
- Regulates oven temperatures for cooking.
- Prepares and cooks ingredients for pie fillings, puddings, custards and other desserts.
- Mixes ingredients for icing.
- Decorates cakes and pastries, blends sugar and icings.
- Performs any general cleaning tasks using standard hotel cleaning products as assigned by supervisor.
- Keep floors dry and clean to avoid slip/fall accidents.
- Must be 18 years of age.
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Ability to work independently.
- Previous pastry experience required.
- Must be able to stand/walk for the entire duration of an 8 hour shift.
- Must be able to lift 40 pounds.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs on a regular basis.