2nd Shift (3pm - 11pm)
3rd Shift (11pm - 7am)
12hr Continental Day Shift (6am - 6pm)
12hr Continental Night Shift (6pm - 6am)
This Machine Operator is responsible for working on the line machining parts and perform quality checks in a timely manner. This position requires shift work and the ability to work overtime.
Powering Vehicles, Motion, Work, and Lives since 1966.
- Operate machine tools to perform repetitive machining operations, such as turning, milling, drilling, boring, honing, broaching, grinding or other machining operations many include basic set up processes.
- Perform quality checks as required.
- Produce quality parts in order to meet production goals.
- Perform routine maintenance on equipment and machinery (e.g., cleaning).
- Complete all necessary documentation for each part.
- Identify “out of tolerance” parts and report any nonconformance.
- Perform Pre-flight inspections at the start of each shift and report any sub-standard conditions or hazards found to supervisor.
- Verify dimensions of parts machined using micrometers, calipers and other precision measuring instruments.
Qualifications and Skills
- One year of manufacturing experience or equivalent education.
- Ability to interact with supervisors and co-workers to take direction on job assignments and exchange information.
- Ability to effectively communicate in both oral and written forms to various levels within the organization
- Demonstrate good decision making skills.
- Ability to work independently and when needed, be a part of a team.
- Able to use a computer.
What Linamar Has To Offer
- Opportunities for career advancement.
- Community based outreach supporting both local and global initiatives and charities.
- Discounts for local vendors and events, including auto supplier discounts.
Linamar Corporation is an equal opportunity employer and encourages diversity in the workplace without regard to any basis protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Linamar Corporation encourages applications from all qualified individuals and will reasonably accommodate applicants throughout all stages of the recruitment and selection process upon request.