HomeTrust Bank is GROWING!
We have employees throughout North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee and Virginia. HomeTrust Bank ranks among the top 400 U.S. Banks with $3.5 billion in assets as of June 30, 2019 and is the largest community bank headquartered in Western North Carolina. Apply today to take your first steps towards joining this talented population of employees within a growing organization.
Voted The Best Bank in Asheville, you will be proud to be a part of the growing HomeTrust family!
Hours: 8:30a - 5:00p Mon - Fri **Competitive Pay, Attractive benefit package includes PTO, 401k match, wellness programs and more!
Location: 1900 Ridgefield Blvd, Asheville, NC 28806
Responsible for entering residential loan data into the loan origination system and assembling and verifying loan documents for accuracy. The loan processor will communicate with borrowers as to the status of their application, obtain needed documentation, and verify data. Ensure that residential loan files contain documents with proper signatures, dates and other relevant data. Responsible for managing time sensitive material and meeting deadlines. Helps coordinate the closing process with lenders, borrowers and settlement agents.
Specific Job Functions :
- Comprehensive understanding and implementation of all aspects of all loan policies and bank regulation.
- Process Conventional, FNMA loans from application to approval.
- Evaluate a borrower's profile to determine whether or not the borrower qualifies for the program applied.
- Calculate income, review bank statements, analyze DU findings and process the loan accordingly.
- Processes residential loan applications.Verifies applicant credit, employment and reserves.Orders additional documentation to complete the loan file.
- Review and analyze qualifying income documentations, property valuations, assets and credit reports.
- Orders appraisals, verifications and any other items required for loan approval.
- Reviews disclosures for completeness and compliance.
- Responsible for identifying and clearing any/all associated fraud alerts on borrower identity and subject collateral.
- Maintains communication with borrowers throughout the loan process, assisting them with any questions and notifying them of any additional requirements.
- Manage pipelines to assure timely execution of duties.
Knowledge / Skills Required :
- Familiarity with all federal and state banking regulations, including, but not limited to the Bank Secrecy Act and the USA Patriot Act.
- General knowledge of Bank deposit and investment products and services.
- Thorough knowledge of loan processing functions and related requirements and procedures.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Solid oral and written communication skills, with ability to interact effectively with all customers, both internal and external.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Successful completion of in-house training program (if available) or approved outside training program.
- Familiarity with all federal and state banking regulations pertaining to lending and consumer compliance, including fair lending laws.
Personal Traits :
- Presents a professional, business-like manner and appearance.
- Energy, drive, ambition.
- Ability to carry out detailed instructions and to resolve loan and or customer related problems satisfactorily.
- Learns from mistakes.
- Focus/desire to serve customer needs and provide excellent customer service.
- Technically savvy, detail and task oriented.
- Communicate with borrowers and fellow employees in a manner that shows sensitivity, tact and professionalism.
Job Requirements :
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Proficient in Excel, Word, Outlook, with the ability to learn other mortgage-related software programs.
- Demonstrated communication, telephone and organizational skills.
- Knowledge of mortgage programs a plus.
EOE/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities