Under the general supervision of the Cutting Manager, the incumbent inspects and packages bundles of pre-cut fabric following all established work and safety procedures.
Essential Job Functions
1. Compare cut fabric against patterns to assure accurate product, marking and setting aside fabrics that do not meet the approved parameters.
2. Visually inspect fabric for non-conformities, marking and setting aside unacceptable bundles.
3. Perform counts of plies to assure accurate number within the bundle, marking and setting aside bundles that need additional material.
4. Take bundles needing additional plies or rework to the appropriate person.
5. Assemble boxes used for shipping material.
6. Use computer to create labels.
7. Package bundles in boxes, assuring correct bundles are packaged, labeling and sealing boxes upon completion.
8. Assure empty tables are available and in the proper place for Gerber Operator.
Additional Job Functions
1. Assist Operator in moving fabric to table as time permits.
2. Assist in unloading of China containers.
3. Assist other department personnel as time and knowledge permit.
4. Participate in training and meetings as requested.
5. Perform other duties as apparent or as assigned
Schedule is Monday-Friday 7:30am to 4:00pm with occasional overtime. $12/hr to start. Great benefits package!
Express Office: Asheville
1979 Hendersonville Road
Asheville, NC 28803