Year Round/ Full Time: a position averaging 35+ hours a week.
The In-Room Dining Captain is committed to Biltmore Service Philosophy, Biltmore Core Values and the Inn’s Service Standards. The IRD Captain will maintain a positive, supportive outlook with fellow team members with a focus on exceeding our guest’s expectations through gracious hospitality and genuine care. The IRD Captain will take a leadership role in coaching team members to support and work within our Standard Operating Procedures, and support our Forbes Standards for In-Room Dining, ensuring that all guest orders and amenities are delivered, presented and served in accordance with our team standards, and in compliance with our AAA/5 Diamond, Coyle Hospitality and Forbes standards. In addition, this position will provide general assistance and support for leadership, the department, and the company as required.
Essential Job Duties:
1. Supervise, support and train In-Room Dining team members in accordance with AAA/5 Diamond, Coyle and Forbes standards. Provide shift supervision to the team.
2. Inspect outgoing table/tray set ups: check for cleanliness, neatness and accuracy with guest’s order. Assist team with all job responsibilities to ensure seamless service.
3. Monitor and ensure that all tables/trays are removed from guest rooms/hallways.
4. Anticipate guests’ needs, respond promptly and maintain positive guest relations at all times. Monitor guest reactions and confer frequently with service team to ensure guest
satisfaction, and advise Manager and MOD of any guest relations concern.
5. Organize, coordinate and direct team in set up, delivering and billing of amenities.
6. Personally deliver food to VIP guests.
7. Work with team members to assist them in their Training Checklists. Assist with employee performance, development, and scheduling.
1. High school diploma (or GED). Additional training, education, and/or certification(s) preferred. Minimum 21 years of age to bartend.
2. Minimum of one (1) year related food and beverage supervisory/management experience in a comparable upscale luxury hotel/resort setting. Equivalent combination of education/experience considered. Ideal candidate will have two (2) years of fine dining service experience.
3. Demonstrated commitment to delivery of world class internal/external guest service; proven leadership skills; ability to build/develop/motivate teams.
4. Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills; conveys information clearly and concisely; professionally handles escalated guest service recovery situations.
6. Proactive, takes initiative, exercises good judgment; creative problem solver.
7. Strong organizational and planning skills; excellent attention to details with focus on service and quality; prioritizes work, adapts, and multi-tasks.
8. Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Outlook, and Excel; ability to learn Biltmore systems, history, products/services, and protocols quickly.
1. Lift, carry, push, and pull 25-50 pounds, lift and carry 25-50 pounds on a large
serving tray, above shoulder level, with one hand.
2. Endure various physical movements throughout work areas and over duration of
3. Ability to work in an environment that may include: variable temperature conditions
and noise levels, outdoor environments, and exposure to fumes, dust, and chemicals.
4. Ability to lift 25-50 pound trays often over extended distances utilizing stairs and elevator.