Flex: a position working an average of 20-29 hours per week (between 1000 - 1559 hours/year).
The Lounge Server is responsible for greeting guests in the Bar and Lounge areas, taking orders and processing on the POS system. Servers are also responsible for coordinating food and beverage service for guests and communicating with front and back of house personnel to provide a world class experience that exceeds guest expectations. Servers will deliver gracious hospitality and ensure all guests receive friendly, courteous, anticipatory and prompt service at all times following prescribed and established Biltmore service standards. They will also assist in the maintenance of the Lounge, Bar, and service equipment.($5.00/hr plustips)
- Minimum six months experience as a restaurant server or cocktail server, preferably in an upscale environment. Bartending experience desirable.
- Minimum of 18 years of age to serve alcoholic beverages.
- Fluency in English and ability to compute basic arithmetic.
- Ability to:
• Focus attention on details, be well organized, maintain concentration and prioritize when providing service to guests.
• Understand and focus attention on guest needs, remaining calm and courteous.
• Suggestively sell menu items and beverages.
• Perform job functions with minimal supervision.
• Work cohesively with all co-workers as part of a team.
- Lift, carry, push, and pull 25-50 pounds; lift and carry 25-50 pounds on a large serving tray, above shoulder level, with one hand; up to 25 pounds on a small cocktail tray, with one hand.
- Endure various physical movements throughout work areas and over duration of work shift.
- Ability to work in an environment that may include:
• Variable temperature conditions and noise levels
• Outdoor environments
• Exposure to fumes, dust, and chemicals
- May often serve in hot interior or exterior areas, and may work double shifts based on business demands. Reserve or Flex servers may work more than 20 hours per week based on business demand.
Essential Job Duties:
1. Greet guests in Lounge.
2. Take orders, utilizing product knowledge and suggestive selling techniques.
3. Enter orders into POS system accurately.
4. Supply guests with fresh snacks and cocktail napkins, replacing both when necessary.
5. Serve food and beverages in a friendly, efficient manner according to standards.
6. Assure that guests have appropriate silverware and condiments for each food item ordered.
7. Clear away dirty glassware and china quickly.
8. Present guest check and process payment accurately according to established procedures.
9. Keep tables free of dirty glassware and debris at all times.
10. Anticipate guests’ needs, respond promptly and maintain positive guest relations at all times.
11. Resolve guest complaints, ensuring guest satisfaction.
12. Responsible for maintaining Forbes and Lodging standards
1. Maintain complete knowledge of:
2. All liquor brands, beers, and non-alcoholic selections.
3. All recipe, glassware, and garnish standards.
4. The particular characteristics and description of wines/champagnes offered.
5. Hours of operation, Tea Service, and entertainment.
6. All menu items, prices, preparation method/time, major ingredients and quality standards, serving temperature, garnish and method of presentation.
7. Operation of POS and manual systems.
8. Maintain complete knowledge of and comply with all service procedures, established standards, company and departmental policies and procedures.
9. Maintain complete knowledge of and strictly abide by state liquor regulations, particularly those prohibiting service to minors, intoxicated persons, and drunk driving.
10. Be familiar with all Inn services and features, Biltmore Estate activities and special events in order to respond to guest inquiries accurately.