Inn Banquet Supervisor - Flex
Flex Status: A position working an average of 20-29 hours per week (between 1000 - 1559 hours/year).
The Banquet Supervisor will be primarily responsible for ensuring that the banquet and catering functions are successful for the guests as well as the establishment. Duties will include, but are not limited to: acting as a liaison between sales staff, kitchen, and all support departments that are needed on any given event; “team leader” that proactively anticipates guest and departments needs. Other duties will include providing general assistance and support to the department, leadership, and company.
Essential Job Duties:
1. Scheduling of event staff.
2. Ordering, inventory and maintenance of supplies for department.
3. Review banquet critiques and any guest feedback and follow-up on areas of concern.
4. Review all event revenues and expenses for accuracy
5. Create and enforce any needed procedures to ensure guest satisfaction and directives for the restaurant and department.
6. Attend weekly BEO meeting and all other meeting pertaining to events (or make sure dept. is represented.)
7. Communication with culinary staff to ensure expectations of guests are met.
8. Be in direct contact with the host of an event, remaining in contact with them during the entirety of the event.
1. High school diploma (or GED).
2. A minimum of two (2) years related food and beverage supervisory/management experience in a comparable upscale banquet/event, catering, and/or luxury hotel/resort required. An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered. The ideal candidate will have dedicated banquet experience with fine dining service experience, preferably in a multi-unit 4/5 star/diamond hotel/resort.
3. Demonstrated leadership skills and/or previous supervisory experience required.
4. Minimum 21 years of age to bartend as needed.
5. Must have outstanding verbal and written communication skills.
6. Familiarity with food and beverage cost controls.
7. Ability to be proactive, take initiative and exercise good judgment
8. Strong organizational and planning skills with an excellent attention to details.
9. Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Outlook, and Excel
10. Proven commitment to the delivery of world class guest service, internally and externally, and ability to motivate staff to do the same are essential functions of this position.
11. Ability to maintain a professional appearance and demeanor and handle a variety of guest service situations in a manner consistent with Biltmore standards are essential functions of this position.
12. Must be comfortable working in a corporate setting.
13. Must have a valid driver’s license.
1. The incumbent will need to be able to switch back and forth from an office environment to a hands on supervisor role with ease.
2. The incumbent will be required to lift and carry up to 50 pounds on a regular basis, push/pull up to 100 pounds occasionally, and stand/walk for extended periods of time.
3. Ability to work indoors and outside in all types of weather with fluctuations in temperature and humidity.
4. Ability to climb stairs/ladders as needed.