Independent Living Bistro Dining Associate Part-Time
Part-time and PRN Positions available
9:30 am – 2 pm
10:30 am – 7 pm
2 pm – 8 pm
4 pm – 8 pm
Come join our Dining Team & take advantage of a steady income every 2 weeks.
No late nights, off by 8:00 pm
Great working conditions, work with residents & staff that have had both vaccines. Uniforms furnished.
Must have a friendly and outgoing personality and the ability to serve residents in a timely and efficient manner. Customer Service/food service experience preferred. Must be available weekends and holidays.
Must be able to consistently walk and stand for approx. 4 hours at a time.
We also offer a generous benefits package including; Medical, Vision, 403b, Scholarship Program, Plus, other great benefits!
- Performing a variety of services in all dining areas including waiting on assigned tables, taking orders, setting and busing tables.
- Assuring that all shift duties are thoroughly completed before the close of each shift period
- Setup and clean-up of special functions as assigned
- Cleanliness and proper arrangement of tables
- Understanding - before each meal period - every menu item and special, well enough to answer diners’ questions
- Properly greeting all residents and guests
- Adherence to all sanitation and food handling protocols
- Adherence to all safety policies & procedures of Deerfield Retirement Community and regulatory authorities.
- Maintenance of confidentiality of all pertinent resident information to assure residents’ rights and employee confidentiality are protected
- Assuring that all dining services protocols and procedures are followed in accordance with established policies
- Proper personal appearance and hygiene according to established procedures
- Attendance and participation in in-service training (IST) programs
- Attendance and participation in cross training programs with Diet Clerks for secondary job responsibilities
- Reporting of all hazardous conditions or equipment
- Reporting of all accidents / incidents
- Preparation of routine set-up of dining room for next day and/or special holidays
- Maintaining quality level of service as defined
- Attend meetings as necessary
- Assignment to various dining areas within the facility
- Performance of other duties as deemed necessary and appropriate, or as may be directed
Physical Environment/Working Conditions:
- Walks, stands, bends, stoops, reaches and lifts most of the day.
- Must be able to tolerate a noisy, hot, humid environment; as well as cold temperatures from refrigerators and freezers.
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds and push food carts weighing up to 100 lbs.
- Is subject to frequent interruptions.
- Exposure to detergents & chemicals used in cleaning.
- Must function independently, have flexibility, personal integrity, and the ability to work with residents, personnel, support agencies, and outside agencies.
- Works beyond duty hours, on weekends, and in other positions temporarily, when necessary.
Education and Experience:
- Must possess or be working towards a High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Must be able to read, write, speak, and understand the English language.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Must possess basic mathematical skills.
- Good communication skills; must be able to demonstrate effective reading, writing, speaking and analytical skills.
- Must be able to work overtime, holidays, weekends as assigned
- Must be able to interface with people at all levels and with residents in a positive and professional manner
- Must possess the ability to work harmoniously with other personnel.
- Must possess the ability to deal tactfully with residents, family members, visitors, and the general public.
- Must maintain the care of equipment, appearance of the dining areas, and minimize the waste of supplies.
- Assisting in the processing of meal tray slips such as heading and distribution and collection of menus
- Preparation of cold production in accordance to health care menus
- Checking menu for accuracy with production prior to meal services
- Assembly of trays and other supplies and placement of appropriate food items.
- Delivery of meals and nourishments at specified times
- Busing of trays at end of meal service
- Completing all work assignments prior to end of shift, inclusive of cleaning work areas
Tools and Equipment Used:
- Production and service line equipment and utensils
- Trays and tray carts
- Hot beverage machines