Location : 1900 Ridgefield Blvd, Asheville, NC 28806
The HelpDesk Technician I, ensures proper computer operations so that end users can accomplish business tasks. Includes receiving, prioritizing, documenting, and actively resolving end user help requests. Problem resolution may involve the use of diagnostic and help request tracking tools, as well as require individual in-person, hands-on help at the desktop level.
Knowledge: Two-year degree in related field, prefer 4-year degree. A+ Certification, MCSE or other appropriate certification. Must maintain required certifications.
Experience: Demonstrated working knowledge of Microsoft network operating systems. Must be proficient in computer technologies with demonstrated understanding of networking concepts, common desktop applications, and hardware.
Skills: Refined communication skills and interpersonal skills. Must be able to assist system users in problem identification and resolution. Analytical and sound decision making skills are necessary
Scope of Decisions and Authority
Decisions are the result of reviewing logs, identifying problems and recommending solutions. Work assignments are coordinated through co-workers and supervisor. Sound judgment and good communication skills are essential in responding to user concerns.
- Promotes the growth and prosperity of the Bank by professionally serving the needs of customers.
- Field incoming help requests from end users via both telephone and e-mail in a courteous manner.
- Document all pertinent end user identification information, including name, department, contact information, and nature of problem or issue.
- Prioritize and schedule problems. Escalate problems (when required) to the appropriately experienced technician.
- Record, track, and document the help desk request problem-solving process, including all successful and unsuccessful decisions made, and actions taken, through to final resolution.
- Build rapport and elicit problem details from help desk customers.
- Apply diagnostic utilities to aid in troubleshooting.
- Access software updates, drivers, knowledge bases, and frequently asked questions resources on the Internet to aid in problem resolution.
- Identify and learn appropriate software and hardware used and supported by the organization.
- Perform hands-on fixes at the desktop level, including installing and upgrading software, installing hardware, implementing file backups, and configuring systems and applications.
- Perform preventative maintenance, including checking and cleaning of workstations, printers, and peripherals.
- Test fixes to ensure problem has been adequately resolved.
- Perform post-resolution follow-up to help requests.
- Evaluate documented resolutions and analyze trends for ways to prevent future problems.
- Develop help sheets and frequently asked questions lists for end users.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
EOE/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities