Healthcare Server Part-Time
Come join our Dining Team & take advantage of a steady income every 2 weeks. No late nights, off by 8:00 pm
Great working conditions, work with residents & staff that have had both vaccines. Uniforms furnished.
We offer a generous benefits package including; Vision, 403b, Scholarship Program, Plus, other great benefits!
Healthcare Servers are responsible for delivering top-notch food service in a high-quality, cutting edge Assisted Living and Skilled Care Area.
Be Part of a Uniquely Supportive Community where we care for our residents and each other.
Have a caring approach and a positive attitude, have the ability to multi-task, work quickly, be a self-starter, and be dependable. This is your opportunity to shine with people skills!
You can make the difference every day and deliver high-quality care with a personal touch and encourage our residents to enjoy life to the fullest.
Dietary Job Duties:
- Serving meals
- Clean up after meals
- Adherence to sanitation guidelines
- Other duties assigned by management
- Timely food service to meet residents' needs
- Compliance with federal, state, and local requirements
- Smile! And keep our residents happy
- Part-Time benefits; Vision, 403b & PTO Plus other great benefits!
Dietary Position Summary:
- Assisting in the processing of meal tray slips such as heading and distribution and collection of menus.
- Preparation of cold production in accordance to health care menus.
- Checking menu for accuracy with production prior to meal services.
- Assembly of trays and other supplies and placement of appropriate food items.
- Delivery of meals and nourishments at specified times.
- Busing of trays at end of meal service.
- Completing all work assignments prior to end of shift, inclusive of cleaning work areas.
- Properly greeting all residents and guests.
- Adherence to all sanitation and food handling protocols.
- Adherence to all safety policies & procedures of Deerfield Retirement Community and regulatory authorities.
- Maintenance of confidentiality of all pertinent resident information to assure residents’ rights and employee confidentiality are protected.
- Assuring that all dining services protocols and procedures are followed in accordance with established policies.
- Proper personal appearance and hygiene according to established procedures.
- Attendance and participation in in-service (IST) programs.
- Attendance and participation in cross training programs with service staff for secondary job responsibilities.
- Reporting of all hazardous conditions or equipment.
- Reporting of all accidents/incidents.
- Maintain quality level of service as defined.
- Attend meetings as necessary.
- Assignment to various dining areas within the facility.
- Performance of other duties as deemed necessary and appropriate, or as may be directed.
- Walks, stands, bends, stoops, reaches and lifts most of the day.
- Must be able to tolerate a noisy, hot, humid environment; as well as cold temperatures from refrigerators and freezers.
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds and push food carts weighing up to 100 lbs.
- Is subject to frequent interruptions.
- Exposure to chemicals and detergents used in cleaning.
- Must function independently, have flexibility, personal integrity, and the ability to work with residents, personnel, support agencies, and outside agencies.
- Works beyond duty hours, on weekends, and in other positions temporarily, when necessary.
Education and Experience:
- High School Diploma or equivalent preferred.
- Must be able to read, write, speak and understand the English language.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Must possess basic mathematical skills.
- Good communication skills; must be able to demonstrate effective reading, writing, speaking and analytical skills.
- Must be able to work overtime, holidays, and weekends as assigned.
Must be able to interface with people at all levels and with our residents in a positive and professional manner.
- Must possess the ability to work harmoniously with other personnel.
- Must possess the ability to deal tactfully with residents, family members, visitors, and the general public.
- Must maintain the care of equipment, appearance of the dining areas, and minimize the waste of supplies.
- Performing a variety of services in all dining areas including waiting on assigned tables, taking orders, setting and busing tables.
- Assuring that all shift duties are thoroughly completed before the close of each shift period.
- Preparation of routine set-up of dining room for next day and/or special holidays.
- Setup and cleanup of special functions as assigned.
- Cleanliness and proper arrangement of tables.
- Understanding – before each meal period – every menu item and special, well enough to answer diners’ questions
Tools and Equipment:
- Production and service line equipment and utensils
- Trays and tray carts
- Small wares
- Hot beverage machines