Flex: A position working an average of 20-29 hours per week (between 1000 - 1559 hours/year).
The Estate Ambassador staff is responsible for performing tasks exceeding standards for guest satisfaction and guest care and delivering exceptional service with regard to guest requests, needs, and concerns to ensure an enchanting experience. Estate Ambassadors will energetically and enthusiastically respond to guest inquiries and will look for opportunities to illustrate and sell estate activities and offerings for the benefit of the guest and the company. Staff will also address and resolve guest inquiries and issues with professionalism, tact, and diplomacy. Job knowledge will include, but is not limited to, extensive knowledge of Biltmore and Vanderbilt family history, all activities and events taking place on Biltmore, including events at the Winery, the Inn on Biltmore Estate, restaurants and shops on the property. The incumbent will also provide general support and assistance to the department, leadership, and company.
1. High school diploma (or GED). Additional education, training, and/or certification(s) preferred.
2. At least two (2) years of related guest service experience required. Previous experience in a four or five star/diamond hotel/resort or attractions setting strongly preferred.
3. Must be able to quickly acquire a thorough knowledge of the Biltmore’s history, products, services, corporate structure and organization in order to effectively plan and communicate with staff and guests. Candidates will also have a strong working knowledge of the Asheville area.
4. Demonstrated commitment to providing world class internal and external guest service.
5. Must be able to successfully acquire advanced proficiency in Biltmore’s reservations systems, processes, and booking protocols.
6. Outstanding interpersonal written and verbal communication skills. Should be able to convey information clearly, concisely, and effectively, and be comfortable addressing a wide range of audiences. Strong public speaking skills are a must. Knowledge of a language other than English helpful.
1. The incumbent will primarily work outdoors in all types of weather conditions with fluctuations in temperature.
2. May be exposed to dirt, dust, pollen, and/or other particulates.
3. The incumbent will be required to lift up to 35 pounds occasionally.
4. The incumbent will be required to stand/walk for periods up to 8 hours.
5. Must be 19 years old and have a valid driver’s license.
7. Sufficient physical mobility in order to move across the Estate and access historic structures and buildings.
8. Ability to respond and communicate quickly and effectively in emergency situations without hindrance.
Essential Job Duties:
1. Acts as liaison for guests – Ambassador for The Biltmore Company and the community at large with an extensive knowledge of Asheville.
2. Provide a strong, positive, outgoing, and personable representation of Biltmore, proactively responding to the needs of the guest while providing quality internal/external guest service and applying a working, relevant knowledge of the history and daily events of the estate.
3. Actively pursues opportunities with guests of Biltmore in various locations using Company provided tablet or mobile device for quick, onsite guest satisfaction, if applicable. Promoting Biltmore as a multi-day attraction and closing sales on site.
4. Actively working outside of Guest Services structures (RTC Lobby, BH Guest Service Station, Stable Hallway Guest Service Station, AHV Guest Service Station) ensuring 95% of job activity is spent in the field.
5. Makes reservations, closes sales and assists with the needs of our guest(s) at the first point of contact. “One-stop shopping” service to guests including accommodations, activities and tickets.
6. Solicits and responds to questions regarding Biltmore, Asheville or the outlying areas, with an emphasis on Biltmore Estate partners.