Deerpark / Lioncrest Banquet Server - Reserve
Reserve Status : a position averaging 20 hours a week.
As a Banquet Server, it is your duty to accomplish what is necessary to guarantee that all planners, guests, speakers and attendees who hold events with us are pleased, eager to return, and confident to recommend us to others. Primary responsibility is to execute events with “world-class service” through the service of food and beverages as well as set up and break-down Banquet/Meeting facilities. You are expected to be a ”team player”, anticipate all guest needs, and provide our guests with a fun and friendly experience. All banquet servers will work closely with the Banquet Manager, Banquet Supervisor, Houseman, and the culinary team as well as other kitchen staff.
- High school diploma (or GED).
- Minimum of six (6) months of related food and beverage experience required.The ideal candidate will have prior experience in banquets in a fine dining, an upscale catering, and/or luxury hotel/resort setting.
- Demonstrated commitment to delivering world class guest service as part of a dynamic team.
- Outstanding organizational skills and the ability to multi-task and prioritize.
- Ability to exercise great judgment and proactively anticipate the needs of guests.
- Knowledge of various room set ups and standard equipment involved preferred.
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment under deadlines.
- Adaptability is a must.
- Applicants must be at least 18 years of age.
- Able to lift/push/pull and carry 50 pounds.
- Endure various physical movements throughout the work area.
- Ability to stand/walk for extended periods of time.
- Work indoors and outside in all types of weather with fluctuations in temperature and conditions.
- Remain in stationary position for periods of 30+ minutes throughout the work shift.
- Ability to climb stairs as needed.
- Satisfactorily communicate with guests, management, and co-workers to their understanding.
Essential Job Duties:
- When applicable, check your stations for set-ups (iced tea, water, creamers, coffee set-ups etc.).
- Maintain banquet and meeting facilities during the course of event(s), checking regularly to be sure breaks are re-stocked and tables are cleared.
- Report to your department Manager or Supervisor in a timely manner to learn which function you will be working and what your duties will be requiring.
- Set up and/or complete set up of banquet/meeting facilities.
- Complete breakdown and clean - up of banquet facilities at the conclusion of the function. Re-set all rooms as necessary for functions on following days. Rooms should only be set a maximum of three days in advance (if nothing else is scheduled in between) in the case that late bookings are made in the room.
- Ensure that all equipment, including china, glass, silver, linen, etc., is in its best possible working condition. This includes but not limited to wiping, polishing and replacing damaged items. If an item is not in premium working condition it is your obligation to bring it to the attention of your Supervisor and/or Manager
- Follow the appropriate policies on requisitioning storeroom and equipment supplies required for the service.