Cedric's Tavern Cook II - Full Time
Full Time: a position averaging 35+ hours per week.
The Cook II is responsible for preparing food products that represent Biltmore’s standards for all dining, banquet and a la carte services. Cook IIs are generally charged with a la carte line work, hot food and pantry preparation, as well as banquet and buffet production. The success of this position will be measured by guest satisfaction, cleanliness, organization, product quality, consistency and timeliness of service. Flex Status.
Starting wage $13.50 per hour
There will be a job fair for this position at the Biltmore Career Center on Wednesday, March 4th from 2:00pm - 5:00pm.
- High school diploma. Culinary training and/or certifications preferred.
- At least one year of related culinary experience in a full-service restaurant. The ideal candidate will have had two years of prior experience in a fine dining/upscale dining environment. An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
- Demonstrated commitment to providing world class guest service and stellar dining experiences.
- Knowledge of food sanitation procedures. ServSafe certification preferred.
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced, team dynamic environment with time sensitivities and production deadlines.
- Strong organizational, planning and time management skills.
- Read and execute recipes.
- Work effectively with minimal supervision.
- Take initiative and be proactive where appropriate.
- Exercise good judgment and creatively problem solve as necessary.
- Be professional in both appearance and demeanor at all times.
Essential Job Duties
1. Maintain a clean and well organized work area and participates in ensuring all equipment is properly cleaned, maintained and in safe, good working order.
2. Double check daily forecasts to prepare and set up properly.
3. Accountable for proper rotation, storage, and dating of all food items.
4. Cross-train on all lines to provide backup assistance as needed.
5. Train on stewarding equipment to provide assistance as needed.
6. Responsible for communicating effectively and professionally with fellow co-workers and supervisors within area of responsibility and within other property locations.
7. Work closely with chefs to develop menus and plating designs, ordering of food items, inventories and food controls, and participate in the training of Cook I and stewards in accordance to department standards.
- Able to sit, stand, twist, bend, push, pull, walk, and lift up to 50 pounds on a regular basis for periods of up to 10 hours a day.
- Able to work effectively in a kitchen environment with occasional extremes in temperature (heat, cold, humidity) for an extended period of time.