Location : 315 Ridgefield Ct., Asheville, NC 28806
The BSA Fraud Analyst is responsible for working with the Bank's BSA/AML Fraud Supervisor to process suspicious activity related alerts for AML, Fraud and Wire. In addition, the BSA Fraud Analyst will be responsible for ensuring compliance with the Bank Secrecy Act Program (BSA), the bank's Customer Identification Program (CIP) and regulations issued by the Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC) as well as other duties as assigned.
Knowledge : 2-4 year degree in a business related field. Thorough knowledge of bank products, services, and operations. Prior knowledge of audit techniques is preferable. Familiarity with banking regulations is a plus.
Experience : One to two years related work experience preferred. Business office and administrative experience required.
Skills : Strong analytical and investigative skills required. Must have excellent PC skills with the ability to use varied software applications. Well-developed human relations skills are essential.
Scope of Decisions and Authority
Because of the sensitive nature of the job, the BSA Fraud Analyst will exercise utmost confidentiality. The analyst will be a self-starter and be able to work without close supervisory attention. The analyst will use strong analytical and investigative skills to solve problems that may arise, under the supervision of the BSA/AML Fraud Supervisor.
- Promote the growth and prosperity of the bank by professionally servicing the needs of the customer.
ALERTS AND INVESTIGATIONS
- Processing of AML Manager, Fraud Manager and Guardian Analytics Wire alerts. Referral of potential suspicious activity and additional investigation and research as requested.
- Investigation of potential fraud referred to the department.
BANK SECRECY ACT
- Weekly collection, review and electronic submission of Currency Transaction Reports (CTRs).
- Weekly collection, review and maintenance of $3,000.00 logs and change orders.
- Assist with annual review substantiation of customers exempt from CTR reporting.
- Processing of daily ChexSystems /eFunds alerts.
- Performance of daily and monthly OFAC scans of Cleartouch records.
- Assist with responses to potential OFAC matches for International ACH Transactions and other transactions throughout the bank.
- Assistance with departmental reports and work papers.
- Periodic research, as requested.
- Cleartouch data clean-up.
- Other duties as required
EOE/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities