Bistro Executive Chef - Full Time
Full Time: a position averaging 35+ hours per week.
The Bistro Executive Chef will perform as appropriate in order to achieve customer satisfaction and service quality while complying with Estate policies and procedures, as well as federal, state, and local regulations while meeting or exceeding financial goals. The Bistro Executive Chef assists with budget preparation, forecasting, and implementation, and ensures the efficient operation of the kitchen and of the entire Bistro culinary team.
The incumbent may also be asked to promote the department and estate through a range of public relations activities as needed that may include, but will not be limited to: representation at area advisory groups, organizations, and/or events; media appearances; participation in culinary competitions; and other related duties.
The Executive Chef is accountable for achieving all financial, staff satisfaction and guest satisfaction goals, and will provide general assistance and support for leadership and the company as required.
1. High school diploma required. Additional education, training, and/or certification(s) strongly preferred. Ideal candidate will have two/four-year culinary degree.
2. Minimum of seven (7) years of related culinary management experience. Equivalent combination of education/experience considered. Preferred candidate will have worked in an upscale hotel/resort setting; experience with banquets/special functions a plus.
3. Excellent culinary skills and knowledge of F&B financials, purchasing, cost controls.
4. Demonstrated leadership skills and commitment to world class internal/external guest service; proven ability to build, develop, and motivate teams a must.
5. Proficiency with Work, Outlook, Excel; ability to learn Biltmore's systems/protocols.
6. Outstanding interpersonal and written/verbal communication skills; must be able to communicate with different audiences effectively. Public speaking skills preferred.
7. Strong organizational and planning skills with focus on details and quality.
8. Proactive and exercises good judgment; troubleshoots and creatively problem solves.
9. High level of professionalism and integrity; works comfortably in corporate setting.
1. Ability to bend, stoop, stand, and lift up to 50 pounds frequently.
2. Works in a kitchen environment with fluctuations in temperature and conditions.
3. May be required to travel in support of recruitment programs; must have a valid driver's license.
4. Must be able to stand/walk for extended periods of time.
Essential Job Duties:
1. Develop new menu items and specials, test and write recipes, and will be responsible for all culinary activities and staff at assigned location.
2. Will be accountable for quality control, purchasing, inventory management, and cost controls.
3. Responsible for strategic plan and budgeting; will manage finances for culinary in conjunction with leadership team.
4. Performance management and staff development, including coaching, counseling, and discipline, as well as training.
5. Establish and assign production and preparation tasks daily.
6. Promote and maintain a safe and healthy working environment for staff and guests, and will adhere to all local, state, and federal regulations and guidelines.
7. Maintain complete knowledge of and ensure employee compliance with all Biltmore policies and procedures.
8. Meet and interact with guests, and perform other guest and public relations duties on behalf of department and company.
9. Ensure that recipe cards, production schedules, plating guides, photographs are current and posted.
10. Manage the culinary staff in order to retain and motivate employees; hire, schedule, train, develop, empower, coach, and counsel employees; conduct performance and salary reviews, resolve problems, provide open communications and recommend discipline and termination as appropriate in coordination with the Restaurant Manager.
11. Plan and execute banquet events, both indoors and out, for groups ranging from 20 to 300 people; including but not limited to food and equipment ordering, scheduling, and maintaining quality standards on brand with the estate.