3 rd Shift CNC Machine Operator
Our client, a local family owned company in West Asheville, is looking to have 10 fantastic machine operators to join their team and help them grow: They are looking for a highly motivated highly engaged individuals to help them Produces machined parts by operating a computer numerical control (CNC) machine; maintaining quality and safety standards. If you are looking to join an established company and possibly develop a career this could be the job for you.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Include the following, other duties may be assigned
- Operates machines such as lathes, mills, grinders, and saws. Loads feed mechanism by lifting stock into position
- Reads and interprets drawings and specifications, machines materials to drawing specifications
- Performs in process inspections where required. calculating requirements, including basic math, geometry, and trigonometry; proving part programs.
- Measures, marks, and scribes' dimensions and reference points on material or work piece as guides for subsequent machining.
- Selects, aligns, and secures holding fixtures, cutting tools, attachments, accessories, and materials on machines such as mills and lathes.
- Maintains continuity among work shifts by documenting and communicating actions, irregularities, and continuing
- Documents actions by completing production and quality logs.
- Maintains equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements; following manufacturer''s instructions; troubleshooting malfunctions; calling for repairs.
- Maintains safe operations by adhering to safety procedures and regulations.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Ability to work independently and with a team.
- Ability to follow verbal and written instructions from Supervisor or Lead
- Must be detail-oriented and pay close attention to accuracy.
- Excellent planning, organizational and communication skills are required.
- Must be able to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
- Trouble shoot, analyze, and problem solve in a short period of time.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education, Credentials, Certification, and/or Experience:
- High School Diploma or GED
- Strong computer skills
- Familiarity with one or more of the following areas desirable: Manufacturing and or Industrial.
- Work experience as a CNC Machinist is desired, but not required (will train)
- Strong team player with outstanding communication, organization, and interpersonal skills
- Ability to learn new technologies quickly
- Previous 3 rd shift experience required
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Demonstrated ability to follow directions and jump in when needed
- Must be highly self-motivated and be able to pick up skills quickly
Job Type: Full Time
Salary: $17.00/hr - $20.00/hr
- High school or equivalent (Required)
Monday - Friday 10pm-6am
Since our founding in Western North Carolina, we have helped 3,447 people find permanent careers. We'd be honored to do the same with you!