Are you a Business Analyst interested in an opportunity to help drive Amazon’s flywheel and develop your A to Z business understanding? Do you enjoy learning about different businesses while driving innovation in the data and analytics space?
Amazon Global Accounts Receivable (GAR) is seeking a creative and passionate business analyst to help achieve our vision of a world-class Order-to-Cash (O2C) experience, supported by outstanding data analytics. We invite you to help Amazon make history!
The Business Analyst will drive the reporting and analytics agenda for some of our largest projects and businesses; and produce reports and analyses for decision making, metrics management and more. The role will structure translate business problems into data problems; obtain the required data; produce reporting; and provide forward-looking recommendations. They will thrill business leadership by insights. Besides building queries and reports on their own, the role will provide leadership to IT teams towards automation, data governance and standardization.
Primary responsibilities include:
· Gain an in-depth understanding of Amazon’s business lines, specifically with regards to the revenue cycle
· Design metrics and measurements that adequately measure process and business performance; define business requirements and drive their implementation by the data engineering team
· Design value-added reporting; build high-impact dashboards for visualisation
· Automate and continuously improve recurring reports – e.g. monthly business review documents – for the global leadership team
· Prepare ad hoc reports and analysis in response to leadership requests
· Collect data from various sources, including querying databases
· Analyze data to identify patterns, root cause, and business opportunities
· Engage in active dialogue with business partners, IT teams and the global AR leaders
This role is based in Amazon's HQ2 in Arlington, VA.
By working together on behalf of our customers, we are building the future one innovative product, service, and idea at a time. Are you ready to embrace the challenge? Come build the future with us.
· Bachelor's degree
· 5 years' experience working as a business analyst or data analyst or related role
· Proven experience working with SQL and large data sets
· Previous experience creating reports and building visualization using Tableau
· Advanced Microsoft Excel proficiency required
· Experience with analytics tools such as Cognos, Quicksight or similar
· Ability to multi-task and handle multiple requests with various degrees of priority at the same time
· Excellent organizational skills and time management
· Ability to engage in trustful business partner relationships
· Excellent communication skills
· Fluency at processing and analyzing data
· Outstanding writing skills
· Independence of thought and working with limited supervision
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.