The Electronic Warfare Division of Leidos has an exciting position open to support cutting edge high power fiber based laser system technology on Kirtland AF Base, NM. The fiber laser program we support investigates 1 and 2 µm continuous wave and pulsed laser. The successful Fiber Laser Engineer will provide support to other engineers and research scientists developing new and novel high power laser technologies by means of setting up and conducting complex experiments and analyzing and reporting results. The candidate will oversee many program technical tasks and will may manage technical personnel.
• Construct fiber amplifiers, perform laser experiments, and collect data to include measurement of laser output power, spectra, polarization extinction ratios and stimulated Brillouin scattering.
• Oversee several laser laboratories and work with senior management to assign priorities and determine how to best utilize resources
• Report project status on a weekly and monthly basis in formal, professional reports
• BS degree in Optical or Electrical Engineering or Physics
• Five or more years of fiber laser related experience.
• Knowledge of fiber lasers and/or fiber optics, including fiber termination, polishing and splicing
• Ability to use and modify LabView or similar laboratory software.
• Ability to analyze data and write accurate and concise test summary reports
• Ability to engage in technical research and development in a fast-paced laboratory environment
•Ability to work side by side with technical staff
• Ability to acquire and maintain a minimum of a DoD Secret security clearance
• Ability to understand and abide by government safety rules and regulations
• Possess excellent written and oral communication skills
• Possess an active DoD Secret or higher security clearance
• Ability to design, build and test fiber laser amplifiers
• Have experience working in a government research laboratory environment
• Have experience managing technical personnel
Pay Range:Pay Range $78,000.00 - $120,000.00 - $162,000.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline onlyand not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status. Leidos will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment in accordance with relevant Laws. Leidos is an equal opportunity employer/disability/vet.