Job Code: 00355-7996
Days (rotating weekends)
Capital Regional Medical Center
Capital Regional Medical Center is a fully-accredited healthcare facility with more than 1,100 employees and 500 physicians.
A 266-bed, acute-care hospital that offers 24/7 Emergency Services in Leon and Gadsden Counties including; a Pediatric ER , Senior Care ER and an Express Care ER . We also offer a Bariatric Center , Behavioral Health Center , Cancer Center , Chest Pain Center w/PCI, Comprehensive Breast Center , Family Center , Heart & Vascular Center , Orthopedic Center , Physical Therapy Services , Senior First , Sleep Center , Stroke Center, Surgical Services , Wound Healing Center , Network-of-Care Affiliated Physician Practices , and more.
2626 Capital Medical Blvd
Tallahassee, FL 32308
This position is responsible for obtaining diagnostic ultrasound images in Echocardiography, External Carotid and Internal Cranial arteries as identified in competency validations. This position also assists the physician with obtaining images during Transesophageal Echoâ€™s. This position shows sound knowledge and proficiency in the use of diagnostic ultrasound and sonography techniques and equipment (both fixed and mobile) to assist in the diagnosis of patient disorders. Prioritizes and organizes patient flow to ensure best utilization of time. Is given general guidance and is expected to function with initiative and sound judgment to provide quality services. Demonstrate effective safety practices. Establishes and maintains a good rapport and professional relationship with fellow employees, other departments and Medical Staff. Demonstrate competence when performing other related or licensed functions.
1. Performs diagnostic ultrasound images on patient in all settings including intensive care areas.
2. Responsible for care or equipment including cleaning of Transesophageal Echo probe.
3. Performs diagnostic ultrasound images on adult and Geriatric patients, including TEEs.
4. Performs clerical functions that are related to procedures.
5. Obtain images of cardiac anatomy, and quantitative calculations for interpretation.
6. Communicates finding to the physicians interpreting the study through echo worksheet.
7. Actively seeks ways to control costs without compromising patient safety, qualify of care or the services delivered.
8. Demonstrates knowledge of the occurrence reporting system. Uses system to report potential patient safety issues.
9. Follows established guidelines for reporting a significant medical error or unanticipated outcome in the patientâ€™s care which results in patient harm.
10. Attends in-service presentations and completes all mandatory education requirements.
11. Uses Performance Improvement Plan to improve patient safety.
12. Regular, punctual and dependable attendance.
13. May have access to the POS room or designated areas to transport, assemble, and stock (inventory) of non scheduled drugs and biologicals to include but not limited to fluids, sterile water, normal saline, and irrigations.
14. Other duties as assigned.
A. Core Competencies:
1. Service: Strives to meet expectations/needs of customers; responds to concerns with sense of urgency; seeks win-win solutions for unreasonable patient/customer expectations
2. Quality/Ethics/Integrity: Seeks opportunities for improvement; prevents small problems from becoming large ones; pays attention to detail; follows instructions and protocol/procedures; adheres to company code of conduct; maintains integrity in all aspects of his/her work
3. Relationships: Builds effective working relationships; finds and provides information to clarify situations; expands on original ideas; contributes own ideas; places high priority on other team membersâ€™ goals; gains team agreement to support ideas; clearly explains rationale behind ideas/goals; demonstrates sensitivity to differing cultural views and needs; meets attendance and punctuality requirements
4. Adaptability: Seeks to understand changes in work tasks/processes; actively seeks information about new tasks/processes; treats change and new tasks/processes as opportunities for learning and personal growth; speaks positively about changes to others; quickly modifies behavior to deal effectively with change
B. Job Specific: As defined in department specific competencies
EDUCATION REQUIRED AND/OR PREFERRED:
â€¢ High school diploma or equivalent required
â€¢ Formal training in Echocardiography from a nationally recognized school required
â€¢ RDCS, required
â€¢ BLS â€" AHA Healthcare Provider required
â€¢ RVT or RVS required
EXPERIENCE REQUIRED OR PREFERRED:
â€¢ Experience preferred
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, AND ABILITIES:
â€¢ Knowledge of the cardiovascular system and EKG arrhythmias
â€¢ Flexibility with work situations and basic clerical skills
â€¢ Able to recognize abnormalities, correlate information obtained and convey the findings to physicians
â€¢ Proficient sonographic techniques in order to produce accurate and appropriate physiologic information
Last Edited: 12/05/2017