A District Manager is responsible for supervising 5-9 company-owned restaurants. The District Manager works with restaurant level management to improve restaurant operations, sales, profits, people development, guest satisfaction and facilities.
• Provides leadership to produce outstanding quality products and amazing guest service.
• Drives sales through excellent operations and marketing execution.
• Controls all aspects of profit and loss.
• Recruits and hires managers.
• Trains and develops a team of managers.
• Manages and achieves results from a management team composed of differing personalities at different stages of learning and understanding.
• Manages time efficiently and effectively.
• Identifies plans, communicates and delegates key responsibilities.
• Drives the implementation of company systems by motivating and supporting the store team.
• Praises, coaches and disciplines employees in addition to providing regular performance evaluations.
• Communicates with peers and superiors about plans, progress and problems openly and honestly, in a fair, respectful manner.
• Maintains an attitude of flexibility that allows performance above and beyond the required duties.
Candidates should exhibit the following:
• Strong people-oriented leadership skills
• The ability to manage and gain results from differing personalities at different stages of learning and understanding.
• Team building skills.
• Show team support by creating excitement, enthusiasm, and commitment toward company objectives.
• Sound decision making, good judgment and the ability to solve problems.
• Drive and determination with a desire for personal and professional growth.
• Previous industry or related management experience
• Strong P&L Knowledge
• Strong math and computer skills
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• Disciplined Time Management
• GED or Higher Education
• Minimum 50 Hour Work Week; to include nights and weekends
• Valid driver’s license
• Ability to pass background check, drug screen, and E-verify
District Managers are offered:
• Competitive Salary
• Participation in Bonus Programs
• Company Paid Vehicle
• Company Paid Technology Package
• Company Paid Expense Account
• 401 K
• Medical, Dental and Vision Benefits
• Life & Disability insurance
• Generous Paid Time Off
SOME THINGS WE BELIEVE IN
Since day one, six simple values have guided us in the goals we set, the relationships we build, and the decisions we make.
1. DREAM BIG.
Our story is proof that even the biggest dreams come true. That's why we're committed to providing opportunities for people to achieve their own dreams.
2. WORK HARD.
We're firm believers in doing things the right way. And the right way usually involves a lot of hard work. But if you're not doing things right, you're probably doing them wrong.
3. GET IT DONE.
We've found that success usually leads to more success. It's why we chase after positive results, and it's why we've been, well, successful.
4. PLAY FAIR.
Whether it's a guest, a partner, or a team member, we treat everyone the way we want to be treated. With respect.
5. HAVE FUN.
We've always felt that if you're not having fun, you should do something else. Life's too short to not be enjoyed.
6. MAKE A DIFFERENCE.®
Can a restaurant make a difference? We think it can. That's why we've always felt a responsibility to improve the lives of our employees and communities.