Job Code: 25505-39457
No Weekends Job Description:
Facility Marketing Director Reports to:
Associate Vice President of Marketing & Communications Indirectly Supervises:
Marketing agencies and other vendors as appropriate Job Summary:
Develops and implements internal and external communication strategies/plans related to product lines, facility concerns and issues for the hospitals, outpatient facilities and physicians. Directs the marketing efforts. Responsible for budget development for hospital marketing spend and monthly reconciliation. Initiates and manages special projects and assignments with other marketing team members as needed, cross-selling product lines as appropriate. Works with other departments as needed. Other projects as assigned by Facility CEO and AVP of Marketing. Major Responsibilities:
- Develops annual hospital Integrated marketing plan
- In conjunction with Chief Financial Officer, creates annual marketing budget by month and channel.
- Sits on the hospital administration team, providing guidance on strategy and business initiatives in concert with the Division marketing strategy
- Develops and implements marketing plans for service lines to include plan creation, strategy, writing, creative, community education, screenings, collateral materials, etc.
- Tracks and reports campaign results and uses information to make suggestions in campaign improvements and budget allocation.
- Monitors and reports on monthly budget activity including, but not limited to, % ER spend, spend-to-budget variance, and applicable burn rate.
- Serves as media contact and spokesperson for hospital(s), proactively pitching news stories as well as managing crisis communication and responding to routine media inquiries for health-related stories
- Analyzes business growth related to marketing strategies. Accepts accountability for success/failure of strategies and adjusts plans as dictated by financial/market indicators
- Researches and acts upon cross-selling opportunities within the division
- Continually monitors competitor activity including, but not limited to: product line strategy, social media activity, and earned media activity
- Collaborates with Physician Services Group Marketing Director and other Market Facility Marketing Directors as appropriate to fulfill facility business goals and objectives
- Acts as a consultant to Human Resources to manage production and distribution of internal communication pieces
- Serves as support for Business Development team regarding physician programs and skill development â€" PR, Marketing
- Supports special projects as spearheaded by Division
- Participates in professional organizations related to the marketing/product line functions as time and budget allow.
Education and Experience:
- Works with Division office to coordinate efforts as needed
Advanced degree in journalism, public relations, marketing, business, communications or a related field from an accredited college or university.
Demonstrated leadership, management and communications skills.
Ability to analyze market research data.
Health care experience in marketing, strategic planning, public relations, research, sales, communication and interactive (internet/web) strategy necessary to understand and direct efforts.
Last Edited: 10/17/2017