Carolinas HealthCare System is Atrium Health. Our mission remains the same: to improve health, elevate hope and advance healing - for all. The name Atrium Health allows us to grow beyond our current walls and geographical borders to impact as many lives as possible and deliver solutions that help communities thrive. For more information, please visit carolinashealthcare.org/AtriumHealth Job Summary
Responsible for an assigned group of patients, typically geographically related and accountable for the oversight and overall management of the occupational therapy services in the home setting. The occupational therapist provides direct patient care and supervision of COTAs in accordance with an established plan of care to address the patient needs, individual goals and physician ordered services. Essential Functions
- Responsible for the daily management of an assigned patient caseload, ensuring timely care and documentation to meet the patent needs/services as prescribed in the established plan of care and per MD orders.
- Collects data pertinent to the healthcare consumer's health or the situation from patient assessments in the home setting, telephonic contacts and/or related EMR information available.
- Evaluates the patient's functional ability to perform activities of daily living, potential for achievement, and develops a plan of care in conjunction with the patient's physician.
- Establishes and implements plan of care, performs OT services certified by the patient's physician, and directs the care coordination of a multidisciplinary clinical team approach, supervision of COTAs and/or HHAs involved in the care of the assigned patient caseload to promote health and safe outcomes.
- Designs, develops, and fits patient with orthotic devices and adaptive equipment as needed and instructs family members, home health aides and other clinical staff in appropriate therapy methods.
- Maintains communication with multidisciplinary team providing updates and changes in schedules, patient data or needs, and physician orders.
- Incorporates short and long-term goals established in the plan of care into therapy, as evidenced by documentation in visit notes, monthly progress notes, and discharge summaries.
- Supports effective communication and collaboration with the physician oversight, and branch supervision to ensure timely feedback regarding patients' condition and/or need for changes in the plan of care.
- Remains and performs ordered treatments, therapies, and/or procedures in accordance with State Occupational Therapy Practice Act and Home Health Conditions of Participation, JCAHO, Medicare Guidelines, OASIS and agency policy and procedures
- With minimal supervision, delegates elements of care to appropriate healthcare workers in accordance with any applicable legal or policy parameters or principles.
Work requires walking, standing, sitting, lifting, reaching, stooping, bending, pushing, and pulling. Must be able to lift and support the weight of 50 pounds in handling patients, medical equipment, and supplies. Ability to travel extensively during all seasons to assigned patients place of residence. Works in a variety of home environments and conditions. Must speak English in good, understandable terms. Intact sense of sight, hearing, smell, touch. Finger dexterity. Critical thinking and ability to concentrate. Must be able to respond quickly to changes in patient and/or unit conditions. Ability to work flexible schedule to meet patients' needs. Personal Protective Equipment such as gloves, goggles, gowns, and masks are sometimes required due to possible exposure to hazardous chemicals or blood and body fluids. Education, Experience and Certifications
Graduation from an accredited school of Occupational Therapy required. Licensed by the Examining Committee to practice Occupational Therapy in the state required. 1-year experience as a licensed OT in a clinical care setting or home health preferred. Basic Life Support for Healthcare Provider (BLS HCP) from AHA required. Valid driver's license and auto insurance required in State of residence. The Region's Preferred Healthcare – in the Comfort of Home.
Home care at Carolinas HealthCare System allows patients in North and South Carolina to receive world-class healthcare in the comfort of their own homes. The team of experts at Healthy@Home provides compassionate care and advanced services outside the scope of a medical facility.
As part of Carolinas HealthCare system, Healthy@Home works with our patients' physicians to develop a personalized plan of care for individuals of all ages.
Backed by more experience, greater access, and more services than any other home care provider in the region, Healthy@Home is trusted to meet the needs of each of our patients in the comfort of his or her own home. Highlights of this awesome opportunity:
- Competitive Salary
- Patient autonomy
- Home Care Home Base Technology
- Employment with a great employer/perks
At Carolinas HealthCare System, our patients, communities and teammates are at the center of everything we do. Our commitment to diversity and inclusion allows us to deliver care that is superior in quality and compassion across our network of more than 900 care locations.
As a leading, innovative health system, we promote an environment where differences are valued and integrated into our workforce. Our culture of inclusion and cultural competence allows us to achieve our goals and deliver the best possible experience to patients and the communities we serve. Posting Notes:
J2W:INDEED Carolinas HealthCare System is an EOE/AA Employer