Job Code: 08540-13793
No WeekendsWhy We Like Working for Reston Hospital:
At our facility, we value teamwork and compassion across the spectrum of care. Click here to see what some of our team members have to say about being a part the HCA team
SPECIFIC OBJECTIVES Responsible for the management and operation of the hospitalâ€™s outpatient oncology services. Plans, directs and manages department activities and operations to assure quality service in accordance with all regulatory requirements and standards. Serves as a role model and organizes the department services to meet the goals and objectives of the hospital mission. He/she is responsible for the planning, implementation, supervision, and evaluation of the professional, personnel, and fiscal policies of the department.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Operational responsibility will include oversight and management of the Ann B. Rodriguez Cancer Center to include, but not limited to Radiation Therapy, Out-patient Infusion Center, Cancer Registry, Tumor Boards and accreditation.
- Develop and implement oncology-specific strategic business plan that will result in the following:
- Increase in volumes, market share, and/or revenue
- Increase clinical quality and service excellence
- Engage physicians and staff
- Coordinate with appropriate stakeholders to ensure compliance to American College of Surgeons accreditation, state and federal rules and regulations such as Joint Commission accreditation and VHQC initiatives for oncology related areas.
- Collaborate with marketing to develop an image campaign directed to the following audiences:
- Direct to consumer
- Direct to physicians
- Direct to referral sources
- Evaluates and coordinates with appropriate leaders and physicians on new technologies, market differentiation, research opportunities, and delivery of care.
- Actively participated in all assigned committee activities.
Bachelorâ€™s degree in related field, Masterâ€™s Preferred.
Current state Registered Nurse Preferred
Minimum of 5 years of supervisory experience, in in clinical setting. Previous oncology experience required. Attention to detail and ability to begin projects and see them through to completion with minimum supervision. Excellent interpersonal and communication skills required.
Last Edited: 09/14/2017