Location Details: Job Summary
Advanced practice nurse who influences patient outcomes through three spheres of influence: patient and family, nursing personnel and nursing practice, and organizational systems. Oversees direct culturally sensitive care, including assessing, diagnosing, planning, and intervening of health problems. Leads the advancement of nursing practice at the micro and macro levels to enhance nursing care. Leads system changes to optimize resources and improve outcomes. Essential Functions
- Promotes patient safety and quality outcomes through clinical inquiry and clinical judgment
- Demonstrates specialty/advanced practice clinical expertise
- Creates and translates best evidence into clinical practice
- Conducts comprehensive, holistic wellness to illness assessments using evidence-base techniques and tools
- Designs strategies, including advanced nursing therapies, to meet the multifaceted needs of complex patients
- Assists staff in the development of innovative, cost-effective programs or protocols of care
- Facilitates the provision of clinically competent care by staff through education, role modeling, teambuilding, and quality monitoring .
- Performs system level assessments to identify variables that influence nursing practice and outcomes, including but not limited to: regulatory requirements, political influences, health care financing, and recurring practices that enhance or compromise patient or system outcomes.
- Integrates resource utilization and care coordination across transitions of care.
- Synthesizes assessment data, advanced knowledge, and experience, using critical thinking and clinical judgment to formulate differential diagnoses for clinical problems amendable to CNS intervention
Work requires walking, standing, sitting, lifting, reaching, bending, stooping, pushing and pulling. Must be able to lift and support the weight of 35 pounds in handling patients, medical equipment, and supplies. Must speak English fluently and in understandable terms. Must possess intact sense of sight, hearing, smell, touch, and finger dexterity. Must have the ability to react and perform in stressful situations. Education, Experience and Certifications
Master's Degree in Nursing in the Clinical Nurse Specialist (CNS) track required. CNS certification from a national credentialing body approved by the North Carolina Board of Nursing (NCBON) required. If no CNS certification available in the specialty, requirements determined by the NCBON to be recognized as a CNS required. Recognition as a CNS must be maintained in accordance to the requirements of the NCBON. Current licensure to practice as a RN or temporary license as a Registered Nurse Petitioner in the state of NC required.
At Carolinas HealthCare System, our patients, communities and teammates are at the center of everything we do. Our commitment to diversity and inclusion allows us to deliver care that is superior in quality and compassion across our network of more than 900 care locations.
As a leading, innovative health system, we promote an environment where differences are valued and integrated into our workforce. Our culture of inclusion and cultural competence allows us to achieve our goals and deliver the best possible experience to patients and the communities we serve. Posting Notes:
Not Applicable Carolinas HealthCare System is an EOE/AA Employer