Location Dallas Hotel at Park West
The elegant Omni Dallas at Park West puts you close to the best attractions of dynamic Dallas, Texas. Located near vibrant Las Colinas Business District, and only 10 minutes from the Dallas/Fort Worth International Airport, this 12-story luxury hotel invites you to experience elegance with neoclassical distinction.
The Omni Dallas at Park West's associates enjoy a dynamic and exciting work environment, comprehensive training and mentoring, along with the pride that comes from working for a company with a reputation for exceptional service. We embody a culture of respect, gratitude and empowerment day in and day out. If you are a friendly, motivated person, with a passion to serve others, the Omni Dallas at Park West may be your perfect match.
In support of the Omni Hotels mission, to oversee the day to day operations of the Financial Services Department including but not limited to Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable and Balance Sheets and Financial Reporting. To ensure organized, timely and accurate processing of all departmental work in accordance with Omni's Standard Operating Procedures using Generally Accepted Accounting Principals in the process. To identify and document all discrepancies and notify appropriate department and division heads. Assist in the implementation and training of all personnel on Standard Operating Procedures, proper paperwork production and distribution. Complete all necessary month end procedures including expense accruals to accurately close each period with accuracy and in a timely fashion. Perform timely and accurate completion of all daily, weekly and monthly reports. Attend all required meetings and training session as needed. Assist all departments with individual financial needs and special projects as directed.
The following description of job responsibilities and standards are intended to reflect the essential functions of the position. This outline does not detail every aspect of the position and there may be other responsibilities and duties as assigned.
- Control house/manager's fund of this property including all banks issued out of this fund for house/associate banks.
- Reinforce Over/Short policy and appropriate follow up.
- Process all property petty cash for reimbursement into negotiable funds.
- Process all Front Office due backs.
- Ensure a smooth Accounts Payable Process and monitor and approve Accounts Payable batches.
- Assist and support the Asst. Director of Finance in Balance Sheet reconciliations
- Reconcile credit card transactions on a daily basis and balance to cash concentration account.
- Manage the chargeback procedure to help resolve the notifications received for the credit card companies
- Uses revenue forecast and staffing guidelines to achieve quality standards, while maintaining budgeted labor cost percentages
- Responds to monthly P & L requests with documented support and action plans as needed.
- Demonstrates ability to make sound financial business decisions that contribute to profitability by increasing revenue, managing budgets and/or controlling expenses.
- Extensive knowledge of spreadsheet applications(Excel) and Microsoft Office
- Individual must exhibit a general knowledge of financial software including Oracle Financials and hospitality Property Management Systems
- Prior payroll experience with a working knowledge of Ultipro Payroll Systems and Kronos timekeeping are preferred.
- Individual must posses a high level of organizational skills and the ability to accurately complete projects and reports in a timely manner.
- A Bachelors degree or higher in Accounting or Finance is preferred. Previous Hotel operational experience is required.
- This position requires the ability to maintain a flexible work schedule that may include weekends, if necessary.