Location Shoreham Hotel
Nestled in the Woodley Park neighborhood of Washington, DC, the Omni Shoreham Hotel is a true urban oasis within the Capitol City. Associates pride themselves as being a part of a historic landmark serving as host to numerous presidents, dignitaries, political events and inaugural balls.
Associates can enjoy and be rewarded by several career development opportunities and the environment to grow one's career into various areas of the hotel including leadership roles. The Omni Shoreham Hotel associates consistently rank their place of employment as one of the Best Places to Work by the Washington Business Journal and scored the hotel with the highest ever results on the Associate Engagement Survey in 2012.
Associates at the Omni Shoreham Hotel are proud of being a true part of an extended family and many have spent their entire careers within the hotel, some with over 4 decades of service! We celebrate these milestones and as well as many other successes on a monthly basis during our all associate rallies, "Hibiscus Huddles, "in honor of our company logo.
To ensure all guests are greeted and seated in a friendly and courteous manner using appropriate procedures, in accordance with Omni Standards. This position is part time.
- Assist managers in opening and closing.
- Answering phone calls.
- Ensure guests are greeting upon arrive and seated in a timely fashion.
- Assist in clearing and resetting tables when needed.
- Control heavy volume at Restaurant entrance.
- Knowledge of hotel property.
- Attend to and anticipate guests needs.
- Familiarization with menu.
- Introduce server to guest.
- Thank guests as they leave.
- Knowledge of daily specials.
- Assign guest checks.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma/GED required.
- Must have strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Prior host experience preferred.
- Must be able to multi task and work as part of a team.
- Must be able to stand and walk for an extended period of time.
- Must be able to move, lift, carry, push, pull, and place objects weighing up to 10lbs without assistance.
- Must be able to work flexible shifts including days, nights, weekends, and holidays.
- Ability to work lunch shifts required.
- Some computer skills needed.
Omni Hotels & Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. The EEO is the Law poster and its supplement are available using the following links: EEOC is the Law Poster and the following link is the OFCCP's Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination policy statement
If you are interested in applying for employment with Omni Hotels & Resorts and need special assistance to apply for a posted position, please send an email to email@example.com .