Location Severin Hotel
Ideally located in the heart of downtown Indianapolis, the four-diamond Omni Severin Hotel stands as the city's longest running luxury hotel and a beautifully restored piece of the city's history. The hotel elegantly combines the grandeur of the early 1900's with the modern amenities and superior service of today, and offers memorable experiences that are within walking distance to many leisure, business and cultural attractions.
Associates at the Omni Severin Hotel enjoy a safe and nurturing environment where anything is possible to make their career with Omni Hotels a reality. The pride in our associates, the engagement of our guests and the spirit of "Hoosier Hospitality" are just a few examples of why we are the employer of choice in the Indianapolis area. If you are a people pleaser, self motivated, and live to serve others, the Omni Severin Hotel is the hotel for you.
The main purpose of the Rooms Controller is to coordinate and organize the hotel's guest room inventory. The Rooms Controller will act as a liaison between the Housekeeping, Front Office, and Reservations department regarding the status and distribution of all guest rooms.
- To be thoroughly knowledgeable of all room types.
- To block and pre-register all arriving reservations.
- Oversee room inventory and ensure proper blocking strategies are in place.
- Must be able to train new associates.
- Oversees execution of Pre-Registration procedures Mon - Friday (Weekends when scheduled)
- Receives in-house reservations inquiries.
- Reviews resumes for group blocking.
- Attends Revenue Management meetings.
- Assists with development of FD sold out night strategies.
- Checks the Front Office cancellation e-mail on an hourly/daily basis.
- To have a thorough understanding of hotel occupancy trends.
- Familiar with all reservation special packages and procedures.
- Understand Select Guest/GHA program and VIP procedures.
- Be familiar with the Housekeeping department's policies and procedures.
- Be familiar with the Front Office department's policies and procedures.
- Be familiar with the Reservations department's policies and procedures.
- Thoroughly knowledgeable of our PMS and CRS, with a broad knowledge of Opera.
- Acquainted with all check-in and check-out procedures and policies.
- Acquainted with the AM and PM checklist.
- Appropriately protect confidential guest information and guest room key access according to front office SOP's.
- Be familiar with the Phone and Alarm System in the Ideal Services department.
- Be familiar with guest scenarios and follow-up on all guest requests and concerns, effectively adhering to the service recovery process.
- Knowledgeable of all Front Office, Guest Services and Ideal Services Moments of Service scenarios, and execute to standard.
- Be familiar with all hotel rate plans and rate codes, understanding rate strategy when making rate changes for guests.
- Be familiar with all hotel amenities.
- To be familiar with the inter-relationship between the different departments (to include Ideal Services, Guest Services, Housekeeping, F&B outlets, Banquets, Sales, Engineering and Purchasing).
- To be familiar with local attractions and businesses.
- Understand and perform cash handling processes.
- Understand the importance of our Medallia scores.
- Maintain 4 - Star/4 - Diamond Standards of guest service.
- Proper phone etiquette; answering the phone with a smile in your voice.
- Aid guests in locating other areas of the hotel (walk them to destination if possible).
- Follow all company safety and security policies and procedures; report accidents, injuries, and unsafe work conditions; complete safety training and certifications.
- Follow all company policies and procedures; ensure clean uniform and professional personal appearance; maintain confidentiality of proprietary information; protect company assets.
- Be actively engaged with our guests. Identify the needs of our guests and meet these needs, aiming to exceed expectations at every opportunity.
- Deliver personalized, memorable guest experiences by utilizing the Power of One.
- Minimum 6 months hotel front office experience required.
- Ability to clearly and pleasantly communicate both verbally and in writing in English with guests, management and co-workers, both in person and by telephone.
- Ability to accurately and efficiently input information into computer systems.
- Ability to work cohesively with co-workers both within and outside of your department.
- Ability to think clearly, quickly and make concise decisions.
- Ability to prioritize, organize and follow up.
- Developed computer proficiencies, OPERA experience a plus.
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment.
- Ability to handle stressful situations, while maintaining a calm and welcoming demeanor.
- Excellent customer service and problem solving skills.
- Must be able to work a variety of shifts, including weekends and holidays.
- Must be able to sit and/or stand for extended periods of time. Requires repetitive motion, including utilizing telephone/computer for an extended period or for an entire shift.
Omni Hotels & Resorts is an equal opportunity/AA/Disability/Veteran employer. The EEO is the Law poster and its supplement are available using the following links: EEOC is the Law Poster and the following link is the OFCCP's Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination policy statement
If you are interested in applying for employment with Omni Hotels & Resorts and need special assistance to apply for a posted position, please send an email to email@example.com .