Serving as a cornerstone of northern Atlanta's newest mixed-used community, the Omni Hotel at The Battery Atlanta is the official hotel of the Atlanta Braves and located within steps of SunTrust Park as well as premier office space, the Coca-Cola Roxy music venue and a variety of shopping and dining.
Our luxury hotel features 16 floors with 264 rooms including 28 suites, over 20,000 square feet of meeting space and can accommodate business travelers, families on vacation and everyone in-between. Redefining "live, work, play," we are a proud "play, work, stay" destination and seek to provide an unforgettable experience enhanced by our hotel's elevated pool deck in addition to our Lobby Bar and hotel restaurant.
The Loss Prevention Officer ensures the safety and tranquil stay of hotel guests and employees, to enforce the policies and procedures of the hotel and to record in writing any assigned task. Prepare incident and accident reports accurately and, in the format, specified by the Director of Loss Prevention.
- Patrol hotel property to ensure the safety of guests and employees and to protect all hotel assets.
- Answer house calls to assist both guests and associates with respect to safety, security and hotel operations.
- Initiate and follow-up with all investigations of crimes committed against property and persons.
- Assist sick/injured guests or associates ensuring all documentation, reporting and witness statements have been completed within a timely manner.
- Initiate investigations, write incident and accident reports, monitor investigations to their timely conclusion and ensure appropriate follow-up with guests, visitors and employees, documenting all contacts.
- Maintain accurate records while performing basic duties including, but not limited to, camera monitoring, shift activity log, codebook and employee/guest interactions.
- Monitor/distribute visitor and vender access to the property by distributing visitor badges.
- Perform frequent bag checks for associates leaving the property.
- Escort and interact with special guests that need privacy when entering/exiting the hotel through heart of the house areas.
- Maintain confidentiality when dealing with sensitive guest or associate issues.
- Assist supervisor or director in checking alarm systems, safety and fire alarm systems and closely monitoring security of building doors, service areas, delivery areas and grounds.
- Assist hotel management in emergency situations by knowing all hotel safety procedures and leading/directing guests and associates to safety.
- Must be able to stand and walk for up to 4 hours per shift.
- Must be able to communicate effectively by telephone, email, radio and reporting.
- Must have basic computer knowledge.
- Must be able to reach various areas of the hotel/resort at a rapid pace if necessary.
- First Aid/CPR Certification is preferred.
- Must be able to remain calm and professional during stressful situations.
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule including day, evening, overnight shifts, weekends and holidays
- Must have a minimum of 6 months of Loss Prevention/Security experience and or a military background
Omni Hotels & Resorts is an equal opportunity employer - vets/disability. The EEO is the Law poster and its supplement are available using the following links: EEOC is the Law Poster and the following link is the OFCCP's Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination policy statement
If you are interested in applying for employment with Omni Hotels & Resorts and need special assistance to apply for a posted position, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org .